• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Work sucks the week of your vacation!

Rate this topic

Okay all, I just have to say something....It's monday, I'm at work, and it is very cold outside. I start my vacation on Thursday at about 5:00 but everyone knows by traveling time(LOL) that means 6:30 at the soonest. My son and I (who insists on having blue hair for this cruise) will drive 2 hours to Madison, spend the night in a hotel that offers some free coctails, oh yeah, then catch our flight to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday. We then have a hotel in Hollywood, florida for the evening, then off to the port on Saturday. I just can't wait, work never sucks so bad until the week of your vacation. Some people are nice and excited for you, while others just give attitude, and it's funny because they just choose not to enjoy life like us crazies. I budget my money well, and am a smart spender so that I can enjoy at the very least 4 vacations a year, so it's not my fault that they choose not to...oh kay..venting over, but I am sure others here can understand my need to get that off my chest...

My son and I are so looking forward to this trip together, mother and son, pre-teen friendship cruise is what we are calling it. I am so excited for him to see life outside of the United States.

I just can't wait until Thursday!!!!!!! I love cruising...it's just the best!!!! The people, the atmosphere, the ocean, the ports, the parties....it's simply the funnest vacations of all. Just put on your swimsuit, grab a foo foo drink and simply enjoy life.

Happy to hear your so close to your bon voyage...I can understand how your feeling though..sad thing is..with me it is actual family bein nasty towards us..(dear hubby's sister)..something we have literally been saving towards for over 6 mos..and she cannot show the least bit of happiness for us..just comments like..Hmm must be nice..(but very sarcastically) or well some of us choose to do more responsible things with our money...(???) don't ask still don't understand that comment..( after all we have scrimped and saved..to do this for each other)..and then the 1 comment that really bothered me...I could Never Go on Vacation without taking MY children...this is the first thing we have done together in 13 years, since we had our first child..they go out to dinner with us on our Anniversary..Valentines Day...Birthdays...We Never go without them..anyways you get my point...SO I SAY SCREW WHAT YOUR FELLOW CO-WORKERS SAY..JUST HAVE A GREAT VACATION..YOU ARE ENTITLED TO IT!!!!!!!!!

You guys are so great!!! I know, today I am just at work and from all day yesterday, it just brought me down, but reading your supportive posts and what you said, about saving and scrimping to take this trip. For me, it's get new furniture or take a cruise....easy choice...lol......

I'm so glad that you understand and I was worried about coming off as negative because this is such an upbeat website...

so come on everybody LETS PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOO HOOOOOOO

Hi Lil_xxmissyxx,

Since many people are confessing about people not being enthusiastic about their taking a cruise. There are some people on my job that say "I can't afford to go off on a cruise to the Bahamas anytime I want to."

My answer to them is I can't afford to go anytime I want to either. I sacrafice in one area so that I can put my money toward what I love to do, and that is going on a cruise.

I have learned to ignore some of those folks or show them the catalog for the cruise line so that they can see that cruising is very affordable.

Lil_xxmissyxx, I'm enthusiastic for you and your son. What an opportunity to see another part of the world.

Enjoy yourself and become a Queen with your prince for a few days. The rest of those folks will get over their envy syndrome eventually or decide to see the opputunity in cruising themselves.