• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
kathijo

I'm back from my 1st Cruise

Rate this topic

Hi! I'm back!

The cruise was great for the most part. The first night we had huge waves and I got sick. I didn't have the Dramamine yet. I took it the rest of the trip so I didn't get sick. The last night we even bigger waves and was really rocking good but the drugs were working so I just raised my arms and said, "WEEEE!" : ) The weather at the first island day was ok except for 15 minutes. We took a taxi to Lucayan Beach and as soon as we got out, it poured down rain for 15 minutes. It was fine the rest of the day and we had a great time on the beach. The next island day was absolutely beautiful and perfect. We had an amazing time at The Blue Lagoon. It was breathtakingly beautiful. We got a complimentary drink when we got on. When we were done swimming, we all found a hammock and rested in them. Jesse my seven year old did get a huge splinter in his foot when we were leaving so I had to take that out when we got back to the boat. After we ate, we took a taxi to Paradise Island and went to Atlantis and that was an AMAZING place! We had a great time. I really want to go back there and explore some more. I had no idea how great that place was. The last day was Fun at Sea day and it was too windy and a little chilly to do any swimming on the boat. I did do the hot tub on the boat that night and watched the water from the pools run over the sides with the rocking of the ship. We were rocking front to back that time. The food was all right. Breakfast was pretty good. Lunch and dinner was ok. The first dinner didn’t have anything on the menu I liked. That was ok because I had to leave right away to go back to my cabin and spill my cookies from the rocking and migraine I had. I had a filet mignon one night and it really didn’t have much flavor but what can you expect when you’re cooking for 2,500 people. They had some great chicken salad stuff. It had coconut and pineapple in it. I wish I went back for seconds. The burgers were good. The kids had a blast in the Camp Carnival Kids program. Payton (4) was dressed up as a pirate and went on a treasure hunt. Jesse (7) was dressed up as Freddy (The Carnival Mascot) and went on a scavenger hunt to find Freddy. They also painted t-shirts that they got to take home. Jesse’s class even got to dance in the Electricity Dance Club with his class. They got their face painted and did all kinds of fun stuff. So all in all, we had a rocking good time, literally! : ) It was well worth the money and I would definitely do another cruise. I would like to see the Cayman’s next!

Does anybody know of a free website for me to load my pictures in so I could send the link for people to view them?

Thanks!

Kathi

Snapfish.com is a great place to upload pics. They give you free prints if you refer people. All they have to do is open an account.They don't have to buy anything and you still get free prints. Glad to hear that your cruise was good. I am going on my first cruise in Nov.

Welcome Back!!! glad you had a pleasant trip and thanks for the comments.

We are on Carnival Miracle on the 3rd April and with you saying your 4 and 7 year olds got to dress up do you think it could be worth me packing my 5 years olds fancy dress outfits (he loves his Mr Incredible and would be in heaven if he could wear it on board) is this something that kids would sometimes do themselves or is it just something the cruise lines do occassionally? - any comments would be appreciated!! :smiley:

Karen,

The Camp Carnival Kids program dressed them up by painting their faces and having the kids make the hats they wore. I think your 5 year old would enjoy the kids program over the fancy dinner. My kids chose it without giving it a second thought. I asked them which they would rather do and they both screamed Camp Carnival.

Thanks Kathijo,

I think I will leave his costumes at home & let him make his own!! I am sure he will have as much fun as your boys did as he loves meeting new people. Thanks again.