• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Partner

Rate this topic

dazed10521

Thats a tough one!!! :huh: theres really only a few options, you either cancel and put up with the loss (not my first choice!) wait and hope that you 2 have sorted your current differences out or at least can put up with each other whilst on holiday (you never know it might make you best mates again) or see if the travel company will allow 1 of the names on the tickets to be changed if you can find someone to buy the other passenger out? it really depends on how much your relationship has deteriorated since booking the holiday :undecided:

Good luck with whatever happens and I hope you still get to go and have a great time.

Hello,

\

Well there are a few things we need to know......lol.....niot that it really matters,,,but are you 2 guy and girl...2 females...what?

Now.......what is the root of you not getting along? Are you 2 adults? Sit down and discuss it and say, lets put our differences aside for this FUN.....FUN....FUN.....getaway.....is it a trust issue?

Don't worry be happy...its a vacation.....growup ...get along and have some fun....

Good luck, after all, there is no such thing as a bad cruises.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

I should mention (we are 2 females) - friends??? Well, begin by saying I was the first x-wife, and the is the 2nd x-wife. And yes, he's married for the 3rd time. It has always been a strange friend-ship..........In the beginning I really felt sorry for her (since I'd been married to the same guy myself) -oh & she was the other woman! Thought I should mention that. But I've always felt that she actually did me a favor. Anway, when she opted to get out of their marriage she felt the only way was suicide. Ok ---- when she started calling and coming by to visit, I really felt like I could help her self esteem...............

She really does not have any friends. And going on a cruise sounded like fun!

Now, everything has become a competion.........I started dieting back in Dec. and lost maybe 15-17 #'s------------so she did the same thing - and of course she said she did not need to loose any weight (that she's a size 8) When pigs fly is she a

size 8 - more like a 12-14 & I'm a size 14-16! She wants to see pictures of all

my clothes I bought for the cruise (we don't live in the same town, anymore)

She has had hair cut and colored the same as mine..........I feel like Identity Theft is happening............

As much as I need this vacation.......(I work 2 full time jobs) - I'm started to dread it too!

Please advise...........I don't want to cancel.......I don't want to have a big blow up either.......and I don't want to say something to set her back to where she is popping pills to escape reality. But she is starting to effect my self esteem.

Maybe I helped her self esteem, too much.

There's no such thing as a Bad Cruise???? Well, my decision is to make the best of it...........I'm spent way to much money to back out now.......I am afraid of her

making a scene on the ship.........she is much the complainer! and does not mind

embarassing anyone.

Sry this is so long - its that fight/flight stressor, coping thing going on in my head.

That is a very interesting story about an interesting relationship. It could probably be made into a TV movie. If what you say is true, than you should be commended for being a friend to your ex's ex! We will keep our fingers crossed that the two of you will be able to work it out and take your cruise for some R & R, and for some fun!

alt textalt textalt textalt textalt text

Check with your travel agent. We are booked on RCCL for June and asked about changing one of the parties in the event of some type of emergency and we were told that we could change one of the people up to 48 hours in advance of the trip and there would not be a charge. Can't hurt to ask the question! Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Keith and Rita - First the book - then the movie - with all that money you should be able to book a suite each :o) You could also wait for Mr. Wonderful to ditch #3 and take him along - JUST JOKING!!! I would be more concerned about someone copying me - wasn't there a movie like that a while back - kind of scary - "Single White Female" Good luck and let us know what is happening - enquiring minds want to know! lol. TTFN Jennifer

Yep- we're still going! We had a heart to heart looooonnng talk. Pretty much told her everything I said in the previous stuff. I had decided I was going solo.

Well, she has apologized and says her shrink told her the same stuff I told her.

How bout that.........but don't think for 1 min - I think she's changed. I just

l know she wants to go on the cruise and not loose any of her money.

But I'm bring duct tape and chains.............LOL Might need to use the duct tape for something other than a suitcase that came undone!!! LOL Wish me luck.

Thanks all :cool: