• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Doin' the Cruz Rez Dance

Rate this topic

Mebert

Hi everybody,

O.K., you all have enticed me.

I just couldn't stand not being part of the action and out on the ocean. Waiting over 170 days for my next cruise was just too long to wait.

I scrounged around and found some financial resources so that I could take a short relatively inexpensive hop on the Imperial Majesty Regal Empress on April 10, 2005. It's only two days but it beats being here in New York during this very freezing period.

Being the tight wad that I am I accepted a good cruise fare and I was able to get a discounted air fare as well.

Now I can relax in these freezing temperatures because I have something in the nearer future to look forward to.

alt text

alt text

OH, MEBERT, I’M SO EXCITED FOR YOU !!!!!

She’s a fantastic ship! Sailing on the Empress brought back all of the old memories I’ve been boring you with over the past few weeks.

A few tips….

1. When you’re leaving Nassau, go to the bow of the ship. It’s one of the only ships where you can stand at the rail, at the bow, and have the wind blow in your face. On the new ships, you either can’t get to the front, or the deck is “protected†by a scratched Plexiglas shield. While you’re there, look down at the deck below, where you’ll see the crew hoisting the anchors, pulling in the lines, etc; Shades of Titanic!

2. Find time to sit and enjoy the enclosed promenade, while sitting on an overstuffed love seat, surrounded by potted, and hanging, plants, looking out at the sea through oversize picture windows! Shades of the Queen Mary!

3. Walk up and down all of the stairways, and take note of the rich, polished, wood, the gleaming brass handrails, the deco fixtures and the posters…. Shades of the s/s France!

4. Look around, carefully, in the dining room. There are many reminders of the way she was, before several refurbishments. In fact, that goes for the whole ship..

alt text

Thank you, DaCruzNut, sailinglisa, Shari2, gogetter, and rogue.

By reading some of your messages, especially DaCruzNut's "A Sea of Memories," I feel that I have taken a virtual cruise with you all. But, it's time to actually take the plunge and do an actual one.

My ultimate goal is to be able to take at least 3 or 4 cruises per year. I know it sounds a bit greedy but I find I learn so much and meet so many great people that I feel that cruising is an indulgence I can forgive myself for.

I hope to cross paths with any of you in our travels.

Hey rogue, I notice that our countdown clocks are exactly marked for the same time. What port are you sailing from?