• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
GottaCruz

What are your hobbies?

Rate this topic

I'm very excited about my newest hobby. I now am sewing a crazy quilt. I've been doing needlepoint forever and this is a nice change of pace. I 'm doing a very modern one that will become a wall hanging for my living room. Is anyone else a crazy quilter???

If not, what are your hobbies?

My hubby and I love our classis cars. Can't wait for the weather to break so we can start cruising around again. Most loved, my new grandson and of course, my house full of animals.

alt text

Besides cruising which is an obsession bordering on a religion rather than a hobby.

I collect and view Alfred Hitchcock and British mystery DVD's. alt text

My favorites are Hitchcock's Psycho and the Birds; Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett; Agatha Christie's Poirot Mysteries with David Suchet and Miss Marple Mysteries with Joan Hickson; Midsomer Murders; Mrs. Bradley Mysteries with Diana Rigg; and Ellis Peters' Cadfael with Sir Derek Jacobi.

When I was younger, a pre-teen, I used to enjoy The Avengers with Diana Rigg and Patrick McNee. I have since outgrown the series but I have the DVD collection none the less.

I have the complete DVD collection for the above mysteries and most of the Hitchcock films. I'm only missing some of the early silent films by Hitchcock.

There's something about the intricacies of the British mystery that attract me. Sometimes I can guess "who done it" and sometimes I am absolutely perplexed by the perpetrator(s).

I am getting interested in the CSI series now.

I love to hang out with my great-nieces, great-nephews and godsons. I like to take them to the amusement park so I can have an excuse to ride the roller coaster. I was so disappointed in my nieces who hated roller coasters when they were children, but their children love roller coasters. alt text

I also enjoy listening to most genres of music, particularly classical music, opera, gospel, blues and rhythm and blues. alt text

So you see, I do other things besides cruising.

I am quite a big Formula 1 fan and love sports cars in general - we have quite a few touring car races and rally driving rallies over here which is handy. I adore my Subaru Impreza and would certainly not turn down the chance to own one of the newer Mitsubishi Evo's (dont know if they are called that in the States?) where I live is not too far from Blackpool where the TVR's are built so we get a few of those blasting around our local roads!

Apart from that we like going to concerts (got a U2 one coming up in june and Steriophonics in Sept).

Mebert, I dont know if you will be able to or already have been shown any of the UK mini series called "Wire in the Blood" you cannot compare it, at all, to the great murder/thrillers of old and the acting is sometimes a little cringe worthy but the mini series in whole have been very well written and are very clever physiological dramas which have defo made them worth watching - if they are down loadable from the net they are worth a look at if you like murder mysteries.

At home, I like to relax by playing my keyboardalt text

When I go out, I like to visit local clubs, with piano bars, and sing along (but, I hate karaoke!!!).

I, also, like to spend time in my garden.

Best of all, riding along the ocean with the top down......

SHOPPING!!!! Need I say more lol. I also love to garden and the weather has been very co-operative the last couple of days. Will get out in the greenhouse next week to start my seeds. TTFN Jennifer

Wire in the Blood is shown on BBC America, they are advertising a new series starting soon.

We love Jeremy Brett, he's so obssessive. He really lived the part of Sherlock Holmes. We watched "My Fair Lady" a few weeks ago and it always seems to surprise us that the not so very macho Freddy Eynsford-Hill was played by Jeremy Brett. We also enjoy Midsomer Murders, Poirot (love David Suchet), Morse and my favourite, A Touch of Frost. Can't believe you missed out Cracker, the best drama series ever. It was also based in God's Country, Manchester. I don't know if I enjoyed it because of Robbie Coltraine or because it took me back to my childhood and reminded me of how lucky I am to be living where I do.

As for hobbies, getting up every morning is my main objective, but I also try to maintain an English Garden in the California High Desert, no mean feat. The deer, gophers and the dry climate are major challenges. Check out my attempts so far at http://community.webshots.com/album/25390794XdGuodOPQW

As KarenUK will understand, I keep trying to grow red roses, lots of them, but it would appear that I'm surrounded by Yorkie deer and they just eat them up.

I hope, when you do get to see the new series of Wire in the Blood, that you like it - nothing more embarrasing than recommending something that everyone else thinks is pants!!

jbond - you would love it over here at the moment, the weather has just turned & everyone was out on Saturday mowing their lawns (for the first time this year) all the trees are starting to blossom & there are loads of little lambs jumping around the field (can you tell I love spring??) :wink:

Karen