• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Celebrity just cancelled our Hawaii cruise :(

Rate this topic

Rat

Got home from work yesterday and there was a message from my TA. Celebrity just cancelled our Easter March 27 Infinity Hawaii cruise! 4 days from sailing and BOOOOOOM! More bearing problems that require drydocking. Needless to say we are depressed. We were all packed and ready to sail. It's hard to describe our feelings. They are offering a free cruise as compensation, but I'm not sure we are flexible enough to take advantage of it. We didn't use our free cruise for the Millennium cancellation a few years ago. I feel sorry for my daughter, it was her Easter vacation and she has been looking forward to this trip. I don't know what else to say......................................... :cry:

Rat,

I'm so sorry about the cancellation of your cruise on the Infinity. I can't begin to understand how you feel since you were notified only four days before your cruise. I really feel badly that your daughters spring break was ruined.

The same thing happened to me when I was booked on the Carnival Jubilee in August of 2004, only I received several months notice and had a chance to rebook on another ship. I didn't get any compensation at all because of receiving several months notice.

Look on the bright side. It's better that the malfunction happened before you boarded the ship and been stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

I do hope you get a chance to take advantage of the free cruise.

I know its peak holiday season, but is there any opportunity for a last minute booking on another ship sailing from and returning to the the same port on those dates?

Did you have the travel insurance?

If you did have the travel insurance, can you please let me know how they handled this situation?

I understand the insurance is supposed to cover trip cancellations, including airfare if you included the airfare in the cost of the trip.

I hope things work out for the good.

That's a real shame. I kinda know how you feel. We were packed and ready to go to the airport for a Med cruise when 9/11 happened. Our cruise was cancelled for very different reasons, but the annguish and disappointment are the same.

Better luck next time, the Hawaii cruise is very enjoyable. We did it on Radiance a couple of years ago.

Rat...I'm so sorry to hear about your cruise being canceled. I was on the Infinity when it broke down a few years ago, and trust me, it's much better to have it canceled before your cruise and be offered a free cruise. I won't even mention what we went through after being dropped off in a foreign port(Acapulco). It was a nightmare! And back then, we were not compensated fairly for what we went through. I hope that you will be able to use the free cruise offer! It has to be so disappointing to have your cruise canceled after being all packed and ready to go.

I'm sorry to hear about your cancellation. Our Easter break plans just changed and I was bummed and it was nothing like missing out on a cruise you have been planning for. I hope you able to salvage something.

Not to sound stupid, but what does being offered a free cruise mean? Do you get your money back on the original cruise and then get to schedule another one for free, or is it, they will simply give you credit for what you paid on your current cruise towards a new one?

If is really is a free cruise, what are the restrictions they are putting on you?

Again, I hope something works out for you.

Thanks all for the sympathies. We are not able find a replacement cruise for Easter so it will have to wait. We are getting a full refund and Celebrity's offer of a free cruise is generous. Not sure if we are able to utilize their offer though. Our vacation schedule is non flexible. Hope they fix these ships once and for all so others don't suffer the disappointment that we are enduring.