• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First Cruise Was Fantastic

Rate this topic

Jenn

We just returned Sunday from our first cruise. It was amazing and I can certainly see how you all get so addicted. It's the only way to travel. We did a 7 day W. Caribbean aboard the M/S Westerdam of Holland America. It was a beautiful ship, only a year or so old. The crew was fabulous, the accommodations VERY spacious (we had a verandah cabin) and the food was fantastic. I gained six pounds! HA!

I had very few, if any, complaints. We visited Half Moon Cay, Ocho Rios (not my favorite by any means), Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I'll do a ship review later on but let's just say I cannot WAIT to book another.

I am thinking the next one will have to involve my children. They would have had a blast. But it was very nice to experience our first cruise alone to see the ins and outs of cruising.

HAL was an excellent host and I would highly recomend sailing with this company and on this ship. FANTASTIC!

I would LOVE for the next cruise to be next year, but I think I'm pushing it. If it were just me and my husband, I'd book now. But we promised the kids we'd take them the next time. We need at least a year to save up for all of us to go! But there is definitely a cruise in our future!