• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

West. Caribbean cruise

Rate this topic

Suzila

Hi everyone,

After posting that I have Post Cruise Depression Syndrome, because we have no cruises planned for the future, our wonderful son and future daughter-in-law informed us this past weekend that they are sending hubby and me, and her parents on the Carnival Imagination for a 4 day cruise in July. We are so excited, and know that after the wedding WE will need a break!

I want to start planning and could use some help. We have very limited time to take this cruise, so ww are considering a red eye from California to Miami on Wednesday night. The cruise leaves Miami at 4:00pm on Thursday.

1. What's the earliest time we can get on the ship? Is it 1:00pm? And if that is the earliest and we arrive in Miami at 7:00am, what can we do for about 4 or 5 hours before getting on the ship...without having to rent a car.

2. How do we get to the port? Taxi? Bus? How far is it from the airport to the port?

3. We make a stop in Key West and Cozumel. For various reasons, we can't sit on the beach...would love to, but have some health problems. Should we stay on the ship in Cozumel or is there an excursion you can recommend that doesn't include sitting on the beach in the sun? I think I read there is a city/trolley we can take in Key West to see the place. We have no problem spending the day on the ship if necessary, if there is only sun and beach to do and see in Cozumel. Any shopping? Any sightseeing?

4. On Monday when we return to port, we plan on taking a flight out of Miami at about 330pm/4:00pm. If we take the city tour the cruise line offers, (it says recommended for people who have flights out after 2:30PM), will we really be able to make the flight? Will we have to worry about making it to the airport in time for our flight? Do we store the luggage at the bus terminal while we take the excursion or take it on the bus with us?

If any of you have any answers to these questions, I'd appreciate your assistance with planning. Thanks so much in advance! Sue<]

Congrats on the booking. It's always exciting. We were in Key West a couple of years ago, and did the Trolley tour. It was a very nice way to get a true overview of the island. You realize just how small it actually is. The Island is a great place to walk around, and there is plenty of shopping right around the docks. You will be able to stay out of the sun for much of it.

As for Cozumel, I have never been there yet. We leave in a week and a half for a Western Caribbean cruise that includes Cozumel. I'll let you know what I find when I get back. :wink:

Howard