Welcome to the NEW and ENHANCED CruiseCrazies! Read more... ×
Welcome to the NEW and ENHANCED CruiseCrazies!

See what's new and changed here

• Welcome Guest, Sign Up to Remove This Message!

As a member you'll be able to:

• Create a profile
    • Join the discussions
    • Create Blogs and Groups
    • Upload your cruise photos
    • Connect with other cruisers
    • Lots more

Join Today - It's FREE!

Sign in to follow this  
KeithnRita

A fond farewell

Rate this topic

We have been offered a unique opportunity to travel back in time, to the pioneer days of 1850. We interviewed and signed up for this a few years ago and only expected to be chosen for temporary positions. Due to an unforeseen illness, we were offered just three days ago a two year contract to live and work on this working farm--away from all modern convenience. After a lot of soul searching we accepted! We are putting our lives on hold and are leaving immediately for the farm, which is about 120 miles from here. We will miss everybody and will definitely miss cruising, however, we could not turn this down. Wish us luck, and if you have the opportunity, please visit us.

Keith & Rita

HOMEPLACE

alt text

We are back--because we never left! The Homeplace is a neat place--to visit! We would miss our family and friends, including CruiseCrazies friends. We would also miss cruising.

alt text

Oh my goodness, Keith and Rita. I'm so sad that you'll be gone for so long . However, I think you're amazing people for taking advantage of this opportunity to experience an entirely different lifestyle. Of course, I wish you the very best of luck and just know that you will be sorely missed. You are dear friends and I look forward to having you back with your CruiseCrazies family when you have completed this experience. Until then, wishing you the very best now and for the next two years. Is there any way that we can communicate with in the meanwhile?Love and hugs, Cheryl

If your post was a day later I would think it was an April Fools - you are going - really? I have seen a couple of programs on tv like that. Good luck and enjoy. Will you still be able to see your family or is it just computers you will be away from? Maybe you can write to Jason and he could let us know how you ar doing - they did have mail back then - proabably a lot faster than now lol. TTFN Jennifer

I am so very happy for both of you! So many of us have a fantasy, and leave this world without having fulfilled it. That’s why it’s so great to hear about someone who is brave enough to take the chance to fulfill their dream! I know you will find what you’re looking for, and more!

alt text

On the other hand………

I am going to miss you, as will all of the rest of your CruiseCrazies family. It makes me sad to think about you’re no longer joining us, sharing with us, make us smile, and just being around.

alt text

Well, my friend, GOOD LUCK!

FRIENDS

"Here are all types; no surprise in that.

To every one I'll give a hearty greeting.

Dozens and dozens with whom I might chat,

And that I look forward to some day meeting.

Fewer though, are the friends that I have found.

Some are friends whom I've never seen at all.

Yet I treasure them and hope they are around.

My conversations with them are why I call.

In just a few, I sense a kindred spirit.

I call out to them, laying bare my soul.

They may chance or choose not to hear it,

Extracting from my heart a heavy toll.

Yet to leave these friends would hurt me badly.

If occasional pain be the only price, I pay it gladly."

(Copyright © 1991 Richard E. Pichowsky)

I wish you both best wishes. You certainly will be missed on the board by all of us. It sounds like a tremendous opportunity. Enjoyyourselves, and I'm sure that the first thing you'll do when you finish is take a cruise. :wink:

We miss you already.

Howard

I really hope this is an early April Fools joke... speaking selfishly, of course. :smiley:

Keith and Rita...I'm hoping this is an April Fool's joke, also! I wish the best for you, but I hate to see you leave!