• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cayman Savings

Rate this topic

carolina2

When this was previously posted by your co-conspirator, you were advised that:

This type of post is a violation of the CruiseCrazies Terms of Service.

Este tipo del poste es una infracción de los Términos de CruiseCrazies del Servicio

Ce type de poste est une violation des Termes de CruiseCrazies de Service.

Diese Art Posten ist ein Ãœbertretung des CruiseCrazies Begriffe des Dienstes.

Questo tipo di palo è una violazione dei Termini di CruiseCrazies di Servizio.

Этот тип поста - нарушение Сроков(Терминов,Условий) CruiseCrazies Обслуживания(Службы).

OK, ENOUGH OF ALL THIS alt text

Your efforts to ‘push’ the Cayman Islands, on a cruise board which has many members who have, actually BEEN THERE, is really pointless.

A number of our members told you how we all feel about Cayman shopping:

“The LAST place in the Caribbean that I would shop is the Cayman Islands.â€Â

“…of ALL the Caribbean islands, the prices in the Cayman Islands, even in the "Duty Free" shops, are the HIGHEST! I haven't been to one other island where the prices were lower.â€Â

“…the Cayman Islands are unique! When it comes to shopping, there, the merchants all get away with robbery, and nobody seems to complain!!! Many cruise passengers return to the ship, happy that they saved so much in the duty-free shops. That is, until, they get to the next port and see the same item(s) for considerably less. it's only then that they yell, ‘Hey, I've been robbed!!!;’ "

“I purchased my Nikon, with some accesories, in St. Maarten for approx. $1,100.00. In St. Thomas is was only slightly more, $1,200.00 +/-. In Grand Cayman it would have cost me $1,450.00.â€Â

“Jewelry & liquor are 20-30% higher than most other ports (in Grand Cayman) In fact, not much less, if at all, than back here in The States!â€Â

Sure, there are a large number of people who enjoy a stop, there, on their first, and/or second, cruise visit. I did, myself. Loved the Atlantis submarine. Turtle Farm/Hell were OK… Nothing else much to do…

So go back to your flat, un-scenic, little island, with no historic buildings, no interesting history (not even one lousy fort, on the island to explore), and no real reason to leave the ship for. Other than excellent diving, and snorkeling, you have nothing more to offer! Turtle farm? Hell? “Been-there-done-that.†Boring. Stingrays? Many other ports now offer the same thing. Me? I don’t give those people, with their “attitude,†the satisfaction of even leaving the ship!

alt textalt textalt text