• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

WE LEAVE THURSDAY

Rate this topic

lilrosie

WELL HERE I AM JUST 4 LONGGGGGG DAYS TIL WE LEAVE ON OUR FIRST CRUISE..CARNIVAL INSPIRATION....COZUMEL..I AM SITTING HERE AT WORK JUST TRYING TO MUSTER UP THE WILL TO DO ANYTHING....WE DIDN'T PLAN AN EXCURSION JUST DECIDED TO DO SOME SNORKELING...AND TOUR ON OUR OWN..ANY IDEAS OF WHERE THE GOOD SPOTS ARE..PLEASE LET ME KNOW..THANKS

The best spot to snorkel, in Cozumel, is Chankanaab Park. It's a short ride from the docks, and the taxi fare is $10.00, per ride, up to four people. Some drivers let you squeeze five in...

alt text

The park has excellent snorkeling, with the reef just a few hundred yards offshore. You can rent snorkel equipment right on the beach, for $6.00, U.S.

The park also has an archeological section, with a reproduction of a Mayan village; a museum; Chankanaab laggon, which is encircled by a path fro which you can see tropical reef fish; a botanical garden, filled with tropical vegetation; and lost more, all included in the $10.00 admission. There are optional "swim with the dolphin," and other activities.

The beach is nice, but not great...

If you'd like, check out:

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/CozumelChankanaab.htm

Hi lilrosie,

You may enjoy taking a cab to San Miguel. It's only $6 for a carload. The fare is $6 whether you have 1 person or 4 in the taxi. So make some friends on the ship. I noticed several fun restaurants near the coastal road and shopping areas on the local streets. Not too far from where the taxi leaves you is a huge supermarket. Please don't ask for "la marqueta" like I did. They'll only say "Do you mean the supermarket?" It is so huge that it looks like a giant K-Mart or Walmart. I'm sorry, I forgot the name of the store, but if you ask around they will be able to tell you where it is. It's walking distance along the coastal road.

Hi lilrosie,

You may enjoy taking a cab to San Miguel. It's only $6 for a carload. The fare is $6 whether you have 1 person or 4 in the taxi. So make some friends on the ship. I noticed several fun restaurants near the coastal road and shopping areas on the local streets. Not too far from where the taxi leaves you is a huge supermarket. Please don't ask for "la marqueta" like I did. They'll only say "Do you mean the supermarket?" It is so huge that it looks like a giant K-Mart or Walmart. I'm sorry, I forgot the name of the store, but if you ask around they will be able to tell you where it is. It's walking distance along the coastal road.