• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

How long to Disembark?

Rate this topic

glojo

We are taking 2 cruises back to back, the first one arrives in Ft Lauderdale and then we have to get to Tampa the same day to take the other cruise. Its a 1 hour flight from either Ft Lauderdale or we could taxi it to Maimi and fly from there. Anyone have a timeline as to how long it takes to disemark in Ft lauderdale? Does RCL let you take off your own luggage? I know we will have to go through customs.

I don't know if this will help, but when we were on a cruise in December, the couple at our dinner table was doing the same thing, only in reverse. They were renting a car and driving to Fort Lauderdale for their second cruise. They were getting the car at the Tampa airport, after their first cruise, and then dropping it off at the Lauderdale airport, and from there they took a cab to the port. All of the ports involved are close to the airports. As for your luggage, I don't see how it would be a problem for you to take off your own. In fact I read somewhere, where this perosn said they always take off their own luggage. Have wonderful back to back cruise, lucky you. I leave next week for a week on the Millineum. :wink:

I don't know if this will help, but when we were on a cruise in December, the couple at our dinner table was doing the same thing, only in reverse. They were renting a car and driving to Fort Lauderdale for their second cruise. They were getting the car at the Tampa airport, after their first cruise, and then dropping it off at the Lauderdale airport, and from there they took a cab to the port. All of the ports involved are close to the airports. As for your luggage, I don't see how it would be a problem for you to take off your own. In fact I read somewhere, where this perosn said they always take off their own luggage. Have wonderful back to back cruise, lucky you. I leave next week for a week on the Millineum. :wink:

You can count on disembarking at ft. lauderdale between 9:00 am and !0:00 am, no later....

Ft. lauderdale Int'l is only minutes away. Miami can be a problem. I-95 can get backed up, etc; I'd stick with Ft. Lauderdale. You should have plenty of time to get to Tampa, board the ship, and grab something from the buffet, before sailing.

WAve to me, as you fly over. I'm a little north, and west, of the airport.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

You can count on disembarking at ft. lauderdale between 9:00 am and !0:00 am, no later....

Ft. lauderdale Int'l is only minutes away. Miami can be a problem. I-95 can get backed up, etc; I'd stick with Ft. Lauderdale. You should have plenty of time to get to Tampa, board the ship, and grab something from the buffet, before sailing.

WAve to me, as you fly over. I'm a little north, and west, of the airport.... :grin: :grin: :grin: