• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Share: Your Best Shopping Experiences

Rate this topic

glojo

Where did you find your best treasures??

I like Cozumel for a few onyx pieces, chess set.

St Martin was the best for beach wraps(3/$20), key chains, and of course there is Joe's Jewelery, I bought some nice Italian gold, necklace and matching bracelet.

Grand Cayman I bought the Lalique Stingray, and some other unique gold jewelery. This is not a cheap place to shop. I bought a perfume there called ######, hahaha, one of my favs! Also there was a really neat store off, West Bay Road, that sold the most beautiful sea shells, brought home a ton for gifts.

When in St Kitts I found a cool fabric store, and bought some beautiful exotic fabrics, will sew hubby shirt later.

St Lucia was a hoot, the vendors there try to set you hematite(a real stone thats very heavy, which is a metallic charcoal coloured stone), trying to tell me its from the volcano...wasn't born yesterday, but I bought it anyway(sucker). At least I knew what it really was, and I told him so!

Worst place to shop for dollar value was Barbados., didn't buy a thing. But we enjoyed the tour there, so thats something.

Maybe you'rs experiences were different...please share!!

Where did you find your best treasures??

I like Cozumel for a few onyx pieces, chess set.

St Martin was the best for beach wraps(3/$20), key chains, and of course there is Joe's Jewelery, I bought some nice Italian gold, necklace and matching bracelet.

Grand Cayman I bought the Lalique Stingray, and some other unique gold jewelery. This is not a cheap place to shop. I bought a perfume there called ######, hahaha, one of my favs! Also there was a really neat store off, West Bay Road, that sold the most beautiful sea shells, brought home a ton for gifts.

When in St Kitts I found a cool fabric store, and bought some beautiful exotic fabrics, will sew hubby shirt later.

St Lucia was a hoot, the vendors there try to set you hematite(a real stone thats very heavy, which is a metallic charcoal coloured stone), trying to tell me its from the volcano...wasn't born yesterday, but I bought it anyway(sucker). At least I knew what it really was, and I told him so!

Worst place to shop for dollar value was Barbados., didn't buy a thing. But we enjoyed the tour there, so thats something.

Maybe you'rs experiences were different...please share!!

Dear glojo,

Now YOU are definitely someone I'd like to shop with. You certainly bring home some nice things. I've had it with the tee shirts , tote bags, etc. You've definitely given me some ideas. I would never think to bring home fabric. I've just learned how to use the sewing machine and I'm making a very modern crazy quilt wall decoration so the thought of some exotic fabrics is interesting.

Great topic, glojo, thanks for posting it. We're so glad to have you as a member of our CruiseCrazies family. Hugs, Cheryl

Dear glojo,

Now YOU are definitely someone I'd like to shop with. You certainly bring home some nice things. I've had it with the tee shirts , tote bags, etc. You've definitely given me some ideas. I would never think to bring home fabric. I've just learned how to use the sewing machine and I'm making a very modern crazy quilt wall decoration so the thought of some exotic fabrics is interesting.

Great topic, glojo, thanks for posting it. We're so glad to have you as a member of our CruiseCrazies family. Hugs, Cheryl

Our best cruise shopping "deal" was on silver jewelry we found in St. Maarten a couple cruise ago for two of our grand daughters. It was for their thirteen birthdays.

We also have the tiger we bought in Puerto Vallarta a few years ago.

alt text

Our best cruise shopping "deal" was on silver jewelry we found in St. Maarten a couple cruise ago for two of our grand daughters. It was for their thirteen birthdays.

We also have the tiger we bought in Puerto Vallarta a few years ago.

alt text

Let me see...

We don't spend too much over the usual souvenirs these days, but a few years back, we got a great buy on a beautiful handmade tablecloth in St. Thomas. DH got me a nice coral and pearl ring in Hawaii a few years back.

In Mexico, I got a decent price on a couple embroidered dresses a few years back. The last time I was in Acapulco, the gal who was selling the dress that I wanted kept raising the price instead of lowering it when bartering. lol

On our last Hawaii trip there was a muu muu that I really wanted in Hilo Hattie's store, but it was $110. It was really gorgeous, and I could have gotten it. Hubby gave me some spending money. My sis-in-law even insisted she would pay half for my birthday present, but I couldn't see paying that much for a muu muu. They do still have it at their website, so if I ever get rich, I can still order it. lol

Let me see...

We don't spend too much over the usual souvenirs these days, but a few years back, we got a great buy on a beautiful handmade tablecloth in St. Thomas. DH got me a nice coral and pearl ring in Hawaii a few years back.

In Mexico, I got a decent price on a couple embroidered dresses a few years back. The last time I was in Acapulco, the gal who was selling the dress that I wanted kept raising the price instead of lowering it when bartering. lol

On our last Hawaii trip there was a muu muu that I really wanted in Hilo Hattie's store, but it was $110. It was really gorgeous, and I could have gotten it. Hubby gave me some spending money. My sis-in-law even insisted she would pay half for my birthday present, but I couldn't see paying that much for a muu muu. They do still have it at their website, so if I ever get rich, I can still order it. lol