• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Transatlantic

Rate this topic

live2ski

I have been thinking about trying a Transatlantic cruise. Has anyone else "been there done that"? How important is it to have a balcony? Is it as exciting in real life as it is thinking about it? When is the best time to go, or is it a seasonal cruise? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I have been thinking about trying a Transatlantic cruise. Has anyone else "been there done that"? How important is it to have a balcony? Is it as exciting in real life as it is thinking about it? When is the best time to go, or is it a seasonal cruise? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Hi livetoski...

I haven't been on a transatlantic cruise, myself, but I have heard others who have comments. I have heard some say that you don't use the balcony as much, as it can be pretty chilly and windy at times. Some have also said that the seas can be a bit more rocky.

I'm not sure when the best time would be. In the summer, you have the risk of hurricanes, but they can always sail away from them, and the fall could be a bit cool. I think it would be really exciting, though! I would love to sail to London on the Queen Mary 2. I think that I would pick May, at the end of May or the first of June to go. Just my thoughts.

Don't mean to sound negative...these are just comments that I've heard on the cruise boards. I haven't cruised transatlantic, yet. I'm sure that some transatlantic cruises were probably smooth as glass.

Hi livetoski...

I haven't been on a transatlantic cruise, myself, but I have heard others who have comments. I have heard some say that you don't use the balcony as much, as it can be pretty chilly and windy at times. Some have also said that the seas can be a bit more rocky.

I'm not sure when the best time would be. In the summer, you have the risk of hurricanes, but they can always sail away from them, and the fall could be a bit cool. I think it would be really exciting, though! I would love to sail to London on the Queen Mary 2. I think that I would pick May, at the end of May or the first of June to go. Just my thoughts.

Don't mean to sound negative...these are just comments that I've heard on the cruise boards. I haven't cruised transatlantic, yet. I'm sure that some transatlantic cruises were probably smooth as glass.