• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Which songs remind you of cruising?

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

Kokomo by the Beach Boys......

"Aruba, Jamaica, oooh I wanna take you to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty Mama. Key Largo, Montego...oooh I want to take you down to Kokomos - we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow. That's where we want to go, way down to Kokomo.....Martinique, that Montserrat mystique.

Or how about Key Largo by Bertie Higgins.......Sailing by Christopher Cross, Cruising by Smokey Robinson....anything by Buffett.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kokomo by the Beach Boys......

"Aruba, Jamaica, oooh I wanna take you to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty Mama. Key Largo, Montego...oooh I want to take you down to Kokomos - we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow. That's where we want to go, way down to Kokomo.....Martinique, that Montserrat mystique.

Or how about Key Largo by Bertie Higgins.......Sailing by Christopher Cross, Cruising by Smokey Robinson....anything by Buffett.

Dan - YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I'm embarrassed that I didn't even put Kenny's CD on my list of songs, along with Buffett and Marley. I am Kenny Chesney's BIGGEST fan; have every CD he has ever put out . I've always loved the island influence that comes across in his songs from time to time, like "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem" and "When the Sun Goes Down". When I started reading about this CD he was about to put out, I couldn't wait to hear it. I preordered it and had it playing on my stereo within 5 minutes of it being delivered to my door. The entire CD is simply fantastic. "Be As You Are" and "Somewhere in the Sun" are my theme songs! "She's From Boston" is about a girl whose living the life I wish I could live; left home, moved to the islands, working in a jewelry store by the harbor. "Magic" explains exactly how wonderful it is in the islands. "Soul of a Sailor" explains just how I feel about being on the water. "Guitars and Tiki Bars" also explains how I feel about life! I could go on and on with each and every song...but I won't!!

Dan - YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I'm embarrassed that I didn't even put Kenny's CD on my list of songs, along with Buffett and Marley. I am Kenny Chesney's BIGGEST fan; have every CD he has ever put out . I've always loved the island influence that comes across in his songs from time to time, like "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem" and "When the Sun Goes Down". When I started reading about this CD he was about to put out, I couldn't wait to hear it. I preordered it and had it playing on my stereo within 5 minutes of it being delivered to my door. The entire CD is simply fantastic. "Be As You Are" and "Somewhere in the Sun" are my theme songs! "She's From Boston" is about a girl whose living the life I wish I could live; left home, moved to the islands, working in a jewelry store by the harbor. "Magic" explains exactly how wonderful it is in the islands. "Soul of a Sailor" explains just how I feel about being on the water. "Guitars and Tiki Bars" also explains how I feel about life! I could go on and on with each and every song...but I won't!!