• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
hazelson

Caribbean Music

Rate this topic

Hi all - I am trying to find a cd of Caribbean music to get me in the mood - cruising I mean - now get your minds back on track :o) I have tried looking under various catagories on music sites but have come up with nadda. I would like the "steel drum" sound - like they play when you are getting off the ship in port....the kind that makes the hips rotate and the butt wiggle - you ladies will know what I mean lol - mood music. If you know any good titles or artists - besides Bob Marley - please let me know. Thanks all - have a great weekend. TTFN Jennifer

Hi all - I am trying to find a cd of Caribbean music to get me in the mood - cruising I mean - now get your minds back on track :o) I have tried looking under various catagories on music sites but have come up with nadda. I would like the "steel drum" sound - like they play when you are getting off the ship in port....the kind that makes the hips rotate and the butt wiggle - you ladies will know what I mean lol - mood music. If you know any good titles or artists - besides Bob Marley - please let me know. Thanks all - have a great weekend. TTFN Jennifer

If you go to www.tropicalmusicinternational.com you will see a picture that says "Carnival Steel Drum Collection". If you click on that, you will find 10 different steel drum CDs, and 2 steel drum Christmas CDs. You can click on the songs and listen to a short clip of each. We have several of those CDs and they are just wonderful!! I think they may be just what you are looking for!

Hope this helps.

Dawn

If you go to www.tropicalmusicinternational.com you will see a picture that says "Carnival Steel Drum Collection". If you click on that, you will find 10 different steel drum CDs, and 2 steel drum Christmas CDs. You can click on the songs and listen to a short clip of each. We have several of those CDs and they are just wonderful!! I think they may be just what you are looking for!

Hope this helps.

Dawn

Hope this helps.

Dawn

If you're near a "Best Buy," "Circuit City," or a similar store, check out the "World Music" section.

alt text

You can usually find several there. There's a 'bargain' CD called "Music of the Caribbean," that's all steel band. Don't go just by the titles, check the labels....

If you're near a "Best Buy," "Circuit City," or a similar store, check out the "World Music" section.

alt text

You can usually find several there. There's a 'bargain' CD called "Music of the Caribbean," that's all steel band. Don't go just by the titles, check the labels....

alt text