• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Poll:What is most important to you?

Rate this topic

glojo

Definately the balcony - I get really claustrophobic so I need a window that opens - haven't found an airline that offers that service yet though lol. I can tell you all the hotels in Vegas that have windows that actually open - ninny that I am. I also like the balcony late at night or early in the morning, especially comoing into port. Very few people are out and about so I have the whole ocean to myself. I love the salt on the rails. Besides that - if I am out there in my bathing suit no ones sees but the two of us and that - as Martha would say - is a good thing lol. TTFN Jennifer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately the balcony - I get really claustrophobic so I need a window that opens - haven't found an airline that offers that service yet though lol. I can tell you all the hotels in Vegas that have windows that actually open - ninny that I am. I also like the balcony late at night or early in the morning, especially comoing into port. Very few people are out and about so I have the whole ocean to myself. I love the salt on the rails. Besides that - if I am out there in my bathing suit no ones sees but the two of us and that - as Martha would say - is a good thing lol. TTFN Jennifer

I think I would be satisfied anywhere on any cruise ship. However, I've always asked for at least a porthole so that I can look out the window as the ship approaches the port. Sometimes that approach is so early I don't get a chance to shower and go on deck. I usually jump up at 5 AM or 6 AM to see if I spot land. If I still see the open ocean I'll quickly shower and then check to see if the shore is visible. Much to my chagrin, the ship is usually docked by the time I get out of the shower. The shore is usually on the oposite side of the ship from where I am.

I also like knowing when the sun has risen.

If I had no choice I would take an inside cabin and probably stay out of the cabin a little more. After all, the ship offers the greatest public areas of any resort that are open to all of the passengers.

I think I would be satisfied anywhere on any cruise ship. However, I've always asked for at least a porthole so that I can look out the window as the ship approaches the port. Sometimes that approach is so early I don't get a chance to shower and go on deck. I usually jump up at 5 AM or 6 AM to see if I spot land. If I still see the open ocean I'll quickly shower and then check to see if the shore is visible. Much to my chagrin, the ship is usually docked by the time I get out of the shower. The shore is usually on the oposite side of the ship from where I am.

If I had no choice I would take an inside cabin and probably stay out of the cabin a little more. After all, the ship offers the greatest public areas of any resort that are open to all of the passengers.

I've been in inside, outside and balcony cabins. While I like the balcony and make good use of it, if it means I can cruise more often, I will book the inside (and if on Princess book it as a guarantee) hands down. The reason is that at times I do travel by myself.........and it does get expensive as I don't do any type of cruise line share program as I am afraid of what type of person I might get. So, I either get a roommate and a balcony or an inside (upgraded to oceanview sometimes.)

I've been in inside, outside and balcony cabins. While I like the balcony and make good use of it, if it means I can cruise more often, I will book the inside (and if on Princess book it as a guarantee) hands down. The reason is that at times I do travel by myself.........and it does get expensive as I don't do any type of cruise line share program as I am afraid of what type of person I might get. So, I either get a roommate and a balcony or an inside (upgraded to oceanview sometimes.)