• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Poll:What is most important to you?

Rate this topic

glojo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having a balcony, it's hard for me to think of cruising without one again. We aren't able to go too often, so if possible we like to book a balcony, now. Since we don't go too often, we also like to be sure to book a nice hotel.

For the right price, any cabin is fine. We don't mind inside. Outside is nice. Balconies are great on warm weather cruises. We will try our first mini-suite in August. When we are cruising without our teens, we always get a table for two, late dining, for dinner. We don't get that chance at home. I'll go to large tables for breakfast to meet and talk with other people.

We always book an inside guarantee. We have been upgraded to an outside a few times, however I do enjoy the inside cabin. I do not spend that much time in the room but I also like the fact of how dark it does get in an inside room.

I get up early and do a 7 to 10 mile walk around the decks and on sea days I will take a nap in the afternoon and the darkness works great for me.

My wife has worked midnights for 33 years and is use to being up all night. She stays up late on a cruise and then sleeps in during the morning so the darkness of an inside room also works for her

We would rather cruise more often then pay more for a room we would not spend that much time in.

We haven't had a balcony yet either, but our friends did when we cruised through the Panama Canal. While hubby and I spent most of the day out on deck taking every picture possible of the canal, our friends sat on their balcony and watched the canal pass by that way.

Even our friends admit that we saw more of the canal than they did...sitting on their balcony, it looked like we were pulling into a train station!

Sue

I've also been in inside, outside and balcony cabins. Balcony is the best, and I have found that if I look long and hard enough I can find some super deals :grin: . Don't care for inside as I like to know if it's day or night, sunny or raining an so on :shocked: . People that say that inside is OK because they don't spend much time in their rooms and I find I spend much more time in my room (don't have to hunt for deck chairs on sea days) if I have a balcony! :cool:

We would rather be able to cruise more often , so any cabin is fine with us. Besides, we spend very little time there. We always pay for an inside cabin and we sometimes get upgraded to an outside. To tell you the truth, like many of you, we appreciate the darkness of the inside cabin so we can sleep late in the morning, since we are night owls. We make it clear, though, that we do not want to be upgraded to a balcony cabin because I'd be a nervous wreck with my hyperactive teenage daughter.

That was always my one fear when we used to travel with the kids...would they be fooling around and push one another over the railing?

This is how bad I am...our gift to our son and our new daughter-in-law was their honeymoon cruise in January. They laughed at me when we dropped them off at the port and I told my son to have a wonderful time, and STAY AWAY FROM THE RAILING!

(hey! I'm ALWAYS going to be his mother! LOL!)

Sue

A balcony is a MUST for us! We have taken 7 cruises; on the last 2, we had a suite with a private balcony and we all agreed we can never go back. We can't cruise as often as we'd like with our son in high school on block scheduling, so in between we take 3 and 4-night vacations (about 4 a year) and we always have to be oceanfront with a private balcony. We spend TONS of time on the balcony and feel it is worth every penny for us! We are booked on the Carnival Fantasy in November, in a cat. 12 suite with a private balcony...and we can't wait!!