• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Norwegian Dawn unexpectedly struck by freak wave

Rate this topic

Jason

I heard one guy from the cruise say on the news that they were playing the theme from the Titanic. I doubt that that helped to calm anyone down. Yikes!!

They did have their lifejackets on. I heard that food flew off the buffet, and liquor bottles fell and broke all over the ship. I would have been terrified. I wonder how many were on their first cruise, and if they will ever cruise again.

Very scary!!!! I'm glad that I wasn't on that cruise! I'm glad that no one was seriously hurt.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard one guy from the cruise say on the news that they were playing the theme from the Titanic. I doubt that that helped to calm anyone down. Yikes!!

They did have their lifejackets on. I heard that food flew off the buffet, and liquor bottles fell and broke all over the ship. I would have been terrified. I wonder how many were on their first cruise, and if they will ever cruise again.

Very scary!!!! I'm glad that I wasn't on that cruise! I'm glad that no one was seriously hurt.

I heard one person who stated that they will "never cruise on NCL again."

I am sure that this was a scary situation but do they really think that the Captain looked out the window and said "hey look at that big wave - lets go right into it and see what happens."

Really people get a grip and thank the 'POWERS THAT BE' that no one was seriously injured.

I am sure that this was a scary situation but do they really think that the Captain looked out the window and said "hey look at that big wave - lets go right into it and see what happens."

Really people get a grip and thank the 'POWERS THAT BE' that no one was seriously injured.

Because NCL is based here, in South Florida, and the cruise industry is vital to our economy (Millions!!!!), stries such as these get 'big play' on our local TV stations. Tonight's news had some of the passenger's videos, taken during, and after, the storm. It was unbelievable! It really did look like something out of one of those ship-disaster movies, with water a foot high in the cabins and passageways; brokens items all over; the ship heaving... The passengers they interviewed didn't take it all that hard, though. they were upset, sure, but weren't as angry as you'd expect. Most took it very well.

They all pointed out that this 'freak event' could have happened to any ship(s) out there, and nothing could have been done to avoid it. It's a one-in-ten-million event......

Because NCL is based here, in South Florida, and the cruise industry is vital to our economy (Millions!!!!), stries such as these get 'big play' on our local TV stations. Tonight's news had some of the passenger's videos, taken during, and after, the storm. It was unbelievable! It really did look like something out of one of those ship-disaster movies, with water a foot high in the cabins and passageways; brokens items all over; the ship heaving... The passengers they interviewed didn't take it all that hard, though. they were upset, sure, but weren't as angry as you'd expect. Most took it very well.

They all pointed out that this 'freak event' could have happened to any ship(s) out there, and nothing could have been done to avoid it. It's a one-in-ten-million event......

The real tragedy is I was more interested in the news about the Norwegian Dawn than I was about any other news. Gosh, I'm really addicted to cruising because the news of the mishap is not going to deter me from cruising.

I'm glad to hear that there were no casualties and I hope the injuries were not serious.

I really feel bad for those folks who took the Norwegian Dawn as a first cruise.

Since the Norwegian Dawn sails out of New York chances are I will eventually sail her since New York is my home port right now. I was really disappointed to hear about all of the per per alternative restaurants on the Norwegian Dawn.

The real tragedy is I was more interested in the news about the Norwegian Dawn than I was about any other news. Gosh, I'm really addicted to cruising because the news of the mishap is not going to deter me from cruising.

I'm glad to hear that there were no casualties and I hope the injuries were not serious.

I really feel bad for those folks who took the Norwegian Dawn as a first cruise.

Since the Norwegian Dawn sails out of New York chances are I will eventually sail her since New York is my home port right now. I was really disappointed to hear about all of the per per alternative restaurants on the Norwegian Dawn.