• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Norwegian Dawn

Rate this topic

Jason

I'm surprised and disappointed to hear all this Jeff, but appreciate your summary. I think it was the Seaward that we were on.

So, in that vein, I've been hoping to take a cruise around Hawaii, maybe next year. Isn't Norwegian the only line that cruises around the islands? I'm not interested in cruising across the ocean TO Hawaii. Just want to fly there and cruise around. Do you happen to know if any other line does that? I'm sure not going to take a chance on NCL if it's as bad as you say.

Thanks, Sue

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised and disappointed to hear all this Jeff, but appreciate your summary. I think it was the Seaward that we were on.

So, in that vein, I've been hoping to take a cruise around Hawaii, maybe next year. Isn't Norwegian the only line that cruises around the islands? I'm not interested in cruising across the ocean TO Hawaii. Just want to fly there and cruise around. Do you happen to know if any other line does that? I'm sure not going to take a chance on NCL if it's as bad as you say.

Thanks, Sue

RCCL does Hawaii, but I think they only do 11-day cruises... Actually, that sounds pretty good! If you're going to fly all the way to Hawaii, why take a 7-night (which is reall only 6 days...) cruise. If you take the 11-night, and take a few days air travel, it'll fill 2 weeks!

By the way, NCL's Hawaii ships are American-flagged, and have a mostly American crew, paid 'minimum wage,' so I don't imagine the service will be all that good....

RCCL does Hawaii, but I think they only do 11-day cruises... Actually, that sounds pretty good! If you're going to fly all the way to Hawaii, why take a 7-night (which is reall only 6 days...) cruise. If you take the 11-night, and take a few days air travel, it'll fill 2 weeks!

By the way, NCL's Hawaii ships are American-flagged, and have a mostly American crew, paid 'minimum wage,' so I don't imagine the service will be all that good....

bpasdar,

I'm sorry you had such a bad time on your first cruise. Please don't let that experience turn you off of cruising. Give another cruise line a chance to show you how "entertaining" a cruise can be.

I'm also glad that you and your cruisecrazies made it through the storm all right.

Were the passengers allowed to stay in their cabins?

What happened to the passengers whose cabins were flooded? Did they have enough empty cabins on board to accommodate them?

bpasdar,

I'm sorry you had such a bad time on your first cruise. Please don't let that experience turn you off of cruising. Give another cruise line a chance to show you how "entertaining" a cruise can be.

I'm also glad that you and your cruisecrazies made it through the storm all right.

What happened to the passengers whose cabins were flooded? Did they have enough empty cabins on board to accommodate them?

bpasdar,

Thank you for the review bpasdar! I'm sorry that you had to go through all that. I would have been terrified with the storm and the "rogue wave." I hope it doesn't stop you from cruising again.

Thank you for the review bpasdar! I'm sorry that you had to go through all that. I would have been terrified with the storm and the "rogue wave." I hope it doesn't stop you from cruising again.