• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Grandeur of Seas Crashes

Rate this topic

jtutak

The UK office are advising that the ship has a "dent" in its hull and is cancelling next Saturdays (23rd April) cruise but have Engineers on their way to the ship to assess how much damage has occurred. If the damage is as they have been advised then they are hoping the following weeks cruise will go as planned. Fingers crossed this wont effect too many people! :sad:

Karen-This Info from a poster on-board the Grandeure an another board,

"The official line is 45 feet long by 6 feet wide - "football shaped" as Tom Canosa described it to us. It's right at deck1 and went through several crew member's cabins according to some wait staff I spoke to. Thank goodness nobody was hurt."

Sounds more than a dent and I also hope things turn out OK for everyone, it is terrible to have your vacation ruined. :cry:

I just received an email from a fellow cruiser with the pictures of the gaping hole! This photo was taken right before the police, armed with M16 guns, started preventing people from taking photos....

Check out the new thread with the photos!

I wonder if the captain or the harbor pilot was in control at the time! I think it would be the captain at that time.

Sorry about your cruise cancelation, born2cruise! That has to be disappointing!

As I've been told my one of my customers who is a former first officer for Princess and HAL, the pilot doesn't actually control the ship into or out of port. The pilot is there for guidance, but it's usually the captain or officer of the deck at the controls.