• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Grandeur of the Sea Hull Damage

Rate this topic

Jason

I just received these photos in an email from a fellow cruiser. Looks like the reports are true....there is a huge gaping hole in the hull of the Grandeur of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean ship. This "hole" has been measured to be approximately 45 feet long by 6 feet wide. I've been told by numerous sources that the Mexican police (the ship is currently docked in Costa Maya, where it "crashed" into the dock) are forbidding people from taking pictures.....Probably under the order of Royal Caribbean, who's trying to keep this under the rug. People who have been spotted trying to take pictures have been whisked away, with their camera lenses being covered by Mexican authorities. There are even reports that the Mexican police are armed with M16's, guarding the damage of the hull, from any further picture-taking. Another report I've received is that the Captain of the ship claimed the 15 knot winds and 3 knot headwind were responsible for this incident.

alt text

alt text

alt text