• Welcome Guest, Sign Up to Remove This Message!

As a member you'll be able to:

• Create a profile
    • Join the discussions
    • Create Blogs and Groups
    • Upload your cruise photos
    • Connect with other cruisers
    • Lots more

Join Today - It's FREE!

Sign in to follow this  
GottaCruz

I think Canada has the right idea

Rate this topic

I just read in the newspaper that Canada is the first country in the world to approve a marijuana-type drug for patients suffering from multiple sclerosis. The prescription painkiller Sativex helps ease the horrible pain that many MS victims suffer with. The drug can be sprayed under the tongue or inside the cheek , avoiding the carcinogenic dangers of smoking pot. In 2001, Canada approved the medicinal use of marijuana for those with chronic conditions and terminal diseases.

I only hope that the US follows Canada's lead because I don't think anyone should have to live in pain. I know several people who suffer with MS and I feel that whatever alleviates their suffering should be made available to them.

What does everyone else think about this?

alt text

Times have changed

Our kids are getting worse

They won't obey their parents

They just want to f*rt and curse!

Should we blame the government?

Or blame society?

Or should we blame the images on TV?

No, blame Canada

Blame Canada

With all their beady little eyes

And flappin' heads so full of lies

Blame Canada

Blame Canada

Blame Canada

Shame on Canada

Ohhh...

We must blame them and cause a fuss

Before somebody thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

Anything that can alleviate people's terrible suffering should definitely be taken a look at in my opinion!

As long as they don't abuse it and drive while "high" I don't see a problem with it. You have to weigh your quality of life versus the side effects. I'm a migraine sufferer and I know the drugs I take are very dangerous. If I don't take them, my life is hardly worth living. I always tell my doctor that I want a head transplant. So either give me the drugs or a new head. I'll put up with the heart problems later in life because I can't get by day to day the way it is now without my migraine meds.

kathijo,

I used to have migraines at least twice a week . I'd get sick to my stomach and was in such pain. Sometimes they'd last a couple of days. A nurse that I met told me to try a chiropractor. I started out going 3 times a week for 3 months , then gradually decreased it till I was going once in a while. For the last few years , I haven't gone at all and haven't had a migraine in years. If I feel a mild one coming on, I quickly take something so it doesn't get worse. Last year I had chemo for breast cancer and as a result of the chemo drugs, I went into menopause and hardly ever get the mild ones either . I guess my headaches, at least some of them , had to do with the hormones. I don't know how old you are, kathijo, but if you haven't reached menopause yet, that might be a positive thing to look forward to.

By the way, I'm so sorry that you have to go through these migraines. I know how horrible they are. Did you ever try a chiro?

My Dad had ms - we lost him in 2003. He was diagnosed in 1967 - so he lived much longer than expected. I just can't imagine him on marijuana - lack of motor control with the disease. I think it might have made him worse. He had very little pain but I have seen many people who are in a great deal of pain and have terrible muscle spasms with ms. I think it's a great idea, being that I am from the Great White North - and we all think it should be legal anyway teehee! It is a good thing for pain management - I have seen it work wonders on a friend that is a paraplegic. It really eases the pain for him. The only bad thing is the munchies - he has put on a lot of weight lol. Interesting to see what happens. TTFN Jennifer

Gottacruz,

I have a little ways to go before mp, I'm 35. I did hear they will get a lot better by then. I do see a chiropractor. I have for three years now. I think they are a lot milder than they used to be with the exception of Saturday. I had a bad one that day. I think it was the smoked ribs or the spice on it. We went to a cook out that had a smoker and they smoked ribs in the smoker and the smoke smell was everywhere. They had a rub on the ribs. Certain spices really set my migraines off too. So I don't know which is was but I had to take the Zomig inasal spray that night since I had the nausea and couldn't keep down the pills. It expired in January, but I didn't care. It could have expired 5 years ago and I would have still taken it.

I'm sorry that you had a migraine Saturday. You probably know this already, but just a reminder- things I was told to help prevent the migraines- drink at least 8 cups of water a day and more if eating any trigger foods or spices, sleep on an orthpedic pillow and do those exercises to keep your neck relaxed and also don't carry a heavy shoulder bag.

I hope you don't get another for an extremely long time, kathi.

I will do that. I'm good about the water. I don't drink pop or eat or drink anything with caffeine. I've tried many different pillows. I like my current one so far. I have switched to a very light tiny hand purse. I haven't tried neck relaxing exercises. That's a new one for me. Where do you find those?

kathijo,

When I used to go to the chiropractor, he told me what to do. Just move your head to one side and kind of stretch it there a few times. Do other side the same. Then rotate your head either clockwise or counter clockwise but do not bend it too far back or two far forward , just enough to keep your neck relaxed.Try doing it whenever you're sitting in the same position for a while, when you wake up in the A.M or any time you feel tired or stressed. Let me know how it goes, I'm really interested, since I know exactly how horrible those migraines can be. I hope this help, kethi. And thanks for being an active member here. We're so glad to have you. Cheryl :cool: