• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Fun Fun Fun

Rate this topic

Longwait

Well, Longwait, we've been to San Juan but I can't get hubby to leave the ship. :undecided: He does not enjoy those hills near the port where the stores are.

In St. Thomas, we love to shop since the shopping area is withing walking distance to the port. That way, hubby gets off the ship for a little while to shut me up and then leaves Jason and I and he and DD head back to ship. That's about it for St Thomas for us. :rolleyes:

Longwait, I wish I could be more helpful but that's about it for us. :smiley:

Exciting people, aren't we???

You can do a really nice walking tour of Old San Juan, right from the dock! There's a free trolley that will, also, take you to the sights. Don't miss El Morro , the fort, and the Plaza.

If you're into beaches, Loquillo Beach is really nice. However, it gets crowded on the week-ends when the locals are there.

Also, El Junque, tha rainforest, is spectacular.

As far as St. Thomas, it's not my favorite. However, an island tour will get you to Magen;s Bay, Mountain Top, and all the other sights. You might want to book it in town, and not through the ship's Shore Excursion desk. It's a lot less expensive!

ST. John is a beautiful island, still unspoiled. But, only because most of the island is national parkland, and cannot be developed. The beaches, and snorkelilng, are excellent.

Great Stirrup Cay is for beaching and bar-b-q.