• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hurricane Dennis

Rate this topic

Jason

No doubt some ports of call may have to change. But, the good thing about a cruise ship is that it can get out of the way! Those coastal cities just stand there and wait for it to hit! Much rather be on a cruise ship! :wink:

How about a little more reassurance? We're leaving on 7/27 out of Miami for a western Caribbean cruise. I don't mind at all if they change the itinerary...I'm nervous about flying into Ft. Lauderdale, then launching from Miami.

I really have no desire to experience a hurricane.

Not in the air, in a plane.

Not on a cruise.

C'mon you Crazies...tell me everything is gonna be okay, and

I'm<] CRAZY!

Sue

For all those who would like to bookmark the Hurricane center so you can track the storms this year the web address is http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

And to all my new friends in Southern Florida .. stay safe this season cause we are on our way there in February and a big dinner might be fun....

Suzila, don't you worry. Everthing is gonna be alright. Isn't that a song or something.? But seriously, Sue, your safety in the air and at sea is top priority and the decisions that are made are made to protect. You will be just fine. We were on a cruise a couple of years ago and every few hours the captain would come on the loud speaker to tell us we were changing direction to stay away from the hurricane that was behind us. You know what? We never felt a ripple. They really do know what they're doing so just relax. You'll have a wonderful time. Cheryl

Hmmmm! De-ja vu all over again lol. Hope this isn't going to be a repeat of last year. You all batten down the hatches, lock up your daughters and stay safe. Oh - and make sure you are wearing clean underwear. Can't think of any other warnings right at the moment. Take Care - and keep us posted - ttfn Jennifer