• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What is the latest ettiquette on tipping

Rate this topic

gogetter

Our rule of thumb is $1.00 for each bag a person we see touch the bag, so thats normally 3 dollars for the Sky cap at the airport, cabbie gets 3 dollars as does the people at the pier ( if you didnt figure it out we have 3 bags!)

Thats us though! :wink:

Our rule of thumb is $1.00 for each bag a person we see touch the bag, so thats normally 3 dollars for the Sky cap at the airport, cabbie gets 3 dollars as does the people at the pier ( if you didnt figure it out we have 3 bags!)

Thats us though! :wink:

We tip $1-2 per bag for each handler. I can really only vouch for HAL, but I believe at most piers, there is a sign that handlers are salaried and to please report any overt solicitations. I approach the pier handler with his tip in my hand, so he already knows there's a tip and needn't ask. I have heard (not witnessed) that those who refuse to tip have their bags put to the side and are the last to be loaded. We always arrive at the pier around noon, and have received our luggage anywhere from 2:00 to 4:00 (and they don't all come at the same time, either), so I don't think it matters.

Candy <-- 11 days 'til our 5th Zuiderdam cruise

We always gave the handlers at the pier $1.00 per bag. Once we gave the guy $10 and asked to have it delivered right away and he did. But that was years ago. Now, since we do 3 day cruises, we each wheel aboard our own suitcase and take it off ourselves because we need to do that for the early debarkation. Got to get DD to school by 9:00 .

Hello,

Thats funny Gotta..i was thinking of doing that.........................no doubt i will try that now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is weird...i can't seem to relax until i get my bags and get situated in the cabin.... :huh: