• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Stingray City

Rate this topic

hazelson

We booked with Captain Bryan's and went out on the Hanibal. We mostly stayed on deck execpt to use the head. They didn't offer to stow our gear so we just found a spot on deck. I suppose you could maybe change below in the head.

I would highly recommend Capt. Bryan's. There were less then 15 of us on the the boat as compared to some boats that had what looked like 50 people on board.

We used Nativeway, and had an experience similar to Live2Ski-cost half that of the cruise line tour, and less than half the number of people. We arranged a group of 6 to 8 people on another board with CC initials, and had a ball! We also arranged small groups for the Sante Wellness Center in Roatan and the "green awning" tour from the dock in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica.

There was a head that was too small for changing, and an area below decks big enough for removing the clothing over a swim suit but not big or private enough to do a complete change. Check with the tour provider or cruise line; but I would wear the swim suit under your clothing unless you're absolutely sure there's a changing area.

In general, this CC board is great for friendly people and good advice. However, it also pays to look at the other CC board, especially for roll calls and Ports of Call information, because there are many more people there than here. You want as much information as you can get!

WARNING: if you express an opinion here (even a negative one), no one will "flame" you. Definitely not true on the other CC board, where flaming is a nasty art form. That's is why I like this board. On the other board I dared to express my opinion of Fox news, and got roundly roasted! Ugh!

We used Bob Soto for our trip. I couldn't say how many were on the boat, but once at the sandbar, everyone get's into the water and most of the boats use the same area.

Wear your swimsuit, you can dry off on the way back. There were no lockers, we just kept everything together under the seats on the boat.

Book the tour in the morning, it's a little smoother than in the afternoon. While it's not a rough ride, the swells at the sandbar tend to lift you off your feet and those rays are all over the sand.

We just had our Tour with Nativeway in Dec was AWESOME..ended up being only 7 of us..we also did the Island Tour so we just wore our bathing suits under our clothes..it was fine..we dried pretty much by the time we got on the shuttle for the rest of the tour..we picked after 10:00am for our tour so we missed the 15 people on the 1st tour..

You can see by our pics it was great, you also can see all the masses of boats , we really lucked out with only 7 of us on a boat..we stored our stuff on the boat...we should of brought a towel though..

HTH

We also used Nativeway and were very happy with them. I had a panic attack(my dear husband had the guide run a Stingray up my back) and they took really good care of me.

Joanandjoe...I hear you about the flaming on other boards. That's why we like it here. Too many "attitudes" over on the dark side.

We also used nativeway and loved them, they did such a good job, but I also would recommend wearing your bathing suit, they did have a small bathroom on board but its easier just to wear your suit.

And not to change this into a flaming discussion, but yes I also agree, its supposed to be about fun and cruise talk, how it turns into other things is totally beyond me sometimes.