• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
cruisetarp

Still Need Computer Help!!!

Rate this topic

Hi everyone - I have really missed posting here and check in to keep up with you all but I am still having computer problems.

My son can't figure out what is wrong - can anyone here help? As soon as I click on a thread the print jumps to the left and slightly down - thereby showing double print which is very hard to read. I wish I could explain it better - I have emptied the cookies as Jason suggested, booted and rebooted, signed out and signed back in and I am still having the problem. The strange thing is this is the only site I am having this problem with.

Any suggestions are most welcome but remember I am not a whiz on the computer (or I guess I would have been able to fix it myself.)

Hey... I hate this..

Miss you input....I will tell you that I also noticed it when Jason added new features.... I PM'd him about it .. he removed them and my system restored.. I am wondering if you delelet all your cookies and defragment you machine.. then run scan of C drive that in other words complete system tools.. <] if that doesnt help.. I dunno .. but that can clean it up for my machine

We sure miss you on the board.. darn it, I hope you can find out how to fix it...cleaning cookie and defrg like Joey said always cleans mine out..

We miss you and hope your back SOON!!! :kiss:

Mary Lou,

I always had weird problems when I used AOL but when I started using Internet Explorer, I didn't have the same problems anymore. How about trying a different search engine. ? Of course, tonight, I had trouble with my Internet Explorer so I 'm now using AOL. :rolleyes: We really miss you so please try everything you can. If you need help with any of the above suggestions, please let us know. Hugs,

If you are running Widows XP you can go back to a date before you encountered this problem and restore to that date. If you have an older version, make sure you have all updates from Microsoft and Internet Explorer. I have Windows 98 at work and updating to Windows 98 SE solved some issues we where having with this website.

Keith & Rita - I am running Windows XP but I don't have a clue on how to go back to a date before I was having the problem. How do you do this??

Unfortunately I am not really good at too much on the computer in the way of repairs. I have redone all the defragmenting and removing of cookies and am still having a problem.

Thanks for any help.

Mary Lou,

To restore to an earlier date:

On your desktop click StartAll ProgramsAccessoriesSystem ToolsSystem Restore

Also, you can undue anything you do here. :wink: :wink: