• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Conquest

Rate this topic

Andrew, We're so glad that you found us. I haven't been on the Conquest but you can read a review by one of our members by clicking on the yellow "Review" tab at the top of this page. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away. Hope to see you posting here often.

ANDREWDCSTX,

Welcome to Cruise Crazies! I've sailed the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans. At the time I made sure to spend two days in New Orleans before sailing. It may be possible to still enjoy the French Quarter of New Orleans even though Katrina hit the city in a devasting way last summer.

Will you be sailing out of New Orleans?

The Conquest is a great ship, one of the first built in its class for Carnival. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience on her.

ANDREWDCSTX,

I consider the Carnival Conquest my lucky cruise. I won a free dinner for two in "The Point," the Conquest's specialty dining room, and two pieces of art from the art auction. I didn't pay a dime for either one except for a tip to the specialty dining room staff. At the same art auction, I did end up bidding on and winning bids on a couple of art pieces that I really liked.

If the ship offers something for free, go for it. You may win something even bigger. Don't spend a lot of money trying to win anything. The odds are usually against you unless you're very lucky or you love to gamble and can afford it.

I take it by what sewut51 posted you may be leaving out of Galveston. I'm sorry but I've never been there.

I'm actually going out in June. It is going out of Galveston. I've taken a cruise out of galveston before. They have done their best to accommodate all of the people and have done a wonderful job. Last cruise I went on I was in line for embarkation for all of 15-20 minutes.

I was asking about the Conquest because I've only been on Carnival before and was thinking about trying Royal Caribbean. But I love Carnival and I think the Conquest would be fun. So I decided on that.

And sewut51, is it the 7 day cruise to Jamaica, George Town, Cozumel? If it is, that's the route I'm taking. Hope you have a wonderful time. Let me know how it is when you get back and any tips on excursions and stuff. Hope ya'll have a blast! :grin:

I have been on Royal Caribbean (Rhapsody) and Carnival (Esctasy) both from Galveston. It's fairly easy to do. We are debating the Conquest in Oct or back to the Rhapsody.

Either way I feel that it's a great cruise because I won,t be at work.

• 2 weeks later...