• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

ANNUAL CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER READERS' SURVEY

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

CELEBRITY DOMINATES ANNUAL CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER READERS' SURVEY

Constellation, Millennium, Summit, and Infinity Rank One Through Four, Respectively<]

Miami - (January 20, 2006 ) - Within the same week of launching its major new "Celebrity Treatment" ad campaign, Celebrity Cruises received some celebrity treatment of its own. For the fourth consecutive year, the line swept Condé Nast Traveler's annual readers' survey ranking "The Best Cruise Ships in the World."

In the large-ship category, Constellation, Millennium, Summit and Infinity ranked first through fourth, respectively. While Celebrity has held the majority of the top rankings in the annual survey since its inception, this is the first time the line has held every spot from one through four.

Galaxy (ranked seventh) and Mercury (ranked ninth) rounded out the top 10. Celebrity's Century - which will undergo a $55-million revitalization in April of this year - earned a 12th-place ranking. Full survey results are published in the February edition of Condé Nast Traveler.

Celebrity reprised its 2005 sweep of the survey's ratings in the category of food/dining, with Mercury, Millennium, Century and Galaxy shutting out the competition. Celebrity's Constellation and Summit earned the first and third spots in the category of cabins, while Galaxy and Constellation ranked second and fourth for itineraries.

The informed subscribers of Condé Nast Traveler evaluated ships on five criteria: itineraries, crew/service, cabins/design, food/dining, and activities/excursions "Condé Nast Traveler's annual readers' survey is one of the most prestigious polls in the business, so this is particularly meaningful for us," said Celebrity's President Dan Hanrahan. "It is an enormous endorsement of the extraordinary service and experience we offer onboard."

Celebrity Cruises offers a comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise experience with highly personalized service, authentic five-star dining, and extraordinary attention to detail. Its nine ships and the line's service, cuisine and spas consistently dominate top travelers' surveys. Celebrity sails in Alaska, Bermuda, California, the Caribbean, Europe, the Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, the Mexican Riviera, the Panama Canal and South America. For more information, call your travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111, or visit the Celebrity web site at www.celebrity.com.

I've always said that Celebrity was my favorite line. In fact, the ship I sailed on most, twelve times, was the Britanis. It was owned by Chandris Fantasy Cruise Line, a sister to the, then, Chandris Celebrity Cruise Line. Fantasy was celebrity's 'budget' line.

Celebrity is my favorite line of all the lines we have been on. I won't talk about what happens when the ship breaks down, LOL, but the onboard experience has always been the best for us. I do want to try a few other lines some day, but I kind of don't either, if that makes any sense, because we have always had great service, food, entertainment, and a nice, clean, and not crowded ship on Celebrity.

Never been on Celebrity. I have always heard they are wonderful. There itineraries just do not work with my schedule. Certain cruises do not interest me and it seems the times I am off from work their itineraries are the ones I do not care for. Maybe one day.