• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mutiny on the QM2?

Rate this topic

KeithnRita

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mr Berg may have summed it up best when he said "We have been lied to and misled,"

"We should have been allowed the option of getting off at Fort Lauderdale and not taking the cruise at all. It is not in fact a cruise now but a rather a voyage by sea to Rio. Many guests are on once-in-a-lifetime holidays and I have seen several in tears."

I must agree......The management is more worried about the $$ than CS

Yes, the QM2 PAX have been lied to and misled, but the ship isn't exactly the Bounty. Mutiny is a rather strong term.

Having said that, here's what Carnival/Cunard should do.

1) Fix the darn ship before they go any farther.

2) Give bigger discounts than 50%.

3) Arrange for hotels and/or special excursions for the PAX who were supposed to board in Rio.

4) Fly PAX who don't want to stay on the ship home, or to the next boarding point on the cruise.

What they're doing is unfair to everyone.

I do think that they could have given them the option of leaving the ship in Ft. Lauderdale. I understand that it was an accident, but what good does it do to have a ship full of angry people?

Joe...Very good ideas!

Welcome aboard, Convert 94. Ouch, aren't you being a bit harsh, even in fun? If every ship that's had trouble with propulsion pods were scrapped, that would eliminate most ships built in the past five years.

Shari, I don't know if the Jones Act would have permitted people boarding in a U.S. port, New York, to get off in FLL, unless there was a stop outside the U.S., such as Bermuda or Bahamas. This isn't my area of the law, so I have no idea if there's an exception when there are problems with the ship. I suppose they could have sailed to Nassau, then sailed back to FLL and let the PAX off.

J. Bond, when things go wrong, many of us, whether individually or as corporations, try to cover up with lies. Sad, but true. If there is a cruise line that excels in fixing mistakes, without lying or stonewalling, let me know--that may the cruise line for me. Maybe Easter Bunny (or Tooth Fairy) Cruise Lines, but probably no actual line, would meet this standard.

Joey, as a NYC DJ used to say"Opinionated, but...Loveable?" If we can't express opinions here, as J. Bond does, where can we do so?