• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Decisions

Rate this topic

Peddler

The wife and I are having a debate over two cruises. We are discussing the RCI Rhapsody and The Carnival Conquest.

OCT 1 Rhapsody goes to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Caymans, and Cozumel.

OCT 1 Conquest goes to Montege Bay, Jamaica, Grand Caymans, and Cozumel.

Oct 8, Rhapsody goes to Key West, Grand Caymans, and Cozumel,

Oct 8 Conquest repeats the Oct 1 trip.

If we do Oct 8 on RCI it will be a repeat of last year ( not a bad deal). The Conquest will be a new ship to us. We have never been to either Montego Bay or Och Rios.

I like the Buffet (Windjammer) on RCI better and she likes the formal dinning room on Carnival better.

What I would like is some responses from the Crazies. :grin:

I am in the same boat you are...I was to go on the Conquest in June, but have to move back to late Aug-early Sept to go. I am also trying to decide on either Rhapsody or Conquest. I've been on Carnival before, just not the Conquest. I have never been on a R.Caribbean ship before. Any input from people that can compare would be great! Thanks!

The Conquest, while the largest class of Carnival ships, didn't seem crowded at all. It differed from other Carnival designs in that it seemed less "neon" and more of a consistent theme of Renoir and impressionist art. The only thing I didn't like was that the internet cafe is small and tucked away in a corner. I had to walk through the art auction to get to it. The food was excellent, as was the young cruise director. I especially liked that they had a get together, led by the cruise director, for vets, which was well attended spanning from recent Iraq returnees to WWII vets.

I personally feel that RCL has great physical plants and only medium food. I expect to be "wowed" on a cruise.

JMHO

Weve been lucky enough to obtain a past staff member who worked for both RCCl & CCL & we have sat him down & asked him detailed questions on the differences between the 2 lines & in his opinion he feels RCCL has a tiny bit more class but that each ship is so individual that it can come down just to the age of the ship or itinerary as to which would be better for each person... now as these itineraries are almost identical then your best looking at each ship & seeing which you feel would suit you better?

The Conquest is slightly newer & larger but not significantly enough to put them into different classes I would recommend checking out both ships on the web sites & seeing which one you "feel" you would like most. :undecided: