• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
teacp

Primetime special tonight at 10

Rate this topic

Chris Cuomo was on Tony Danza today and it was very interesting. He has a special on tonight at 10. He had a lot of insight as to what happened to George Smith.............

teacp,

Thanks for posting this message. I would have never known that it was coming on. I'm very interested in this topic to see if they are any closer to answers regarding these disappearances.

I thought it was pretty interesting........funny how most of them are alcohol related..........It is a little scary though and I told Ken I am not letting him out of my sight in April when we cruise............That one guy that fell over and was in the water for 17 hours my god how drunk was he that he didn't even know he fell..............

I saw the show. The focus was mostly on Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean and RCCL Celebrity.

The gist of the matter seemed to be that the cruise lines did not allow enough time for a thorough investigation after it was determined that someone was declared missing. Alcohol seemed to be a factor in most cases and there was mention that some of the victims might have been drugged. If some of the victims were drugged, I wonder what the motive was.

There was also a frightening report about a man who fell overboard and was in the water for 17 hours. He miraculously survived to tell his story. He was fished out of the water by a passing cargo ship. His will to survive seemed to get him through that terrifying experience.

I'm going to impose certain rules of behavior with traveling companions for safety reasons. Fortunately, we're not big drinkers. My traveling companion doesn't drink at all and I'm a moderate drinker. I've never been drunk in my life. Communication has to improve when we go our separate ways because we have different interests. We'll have to check in with each other at a pre-agreed upon period. It may be annoying, but it will be safer.

I totally agree with everything you said.........Ken and I will also have some saftety rules we will follow.....like checking in and such.........we don't usually go our seperate ways but sometimes he likes to jog by himself and and I go to the library and then we meet back at our cabin.....So we will just be more alert of our surroundings and by no means would this ever stop me from cruising.............Anyway what would they want with two old farts like us......lol

I watched the show and was disappointed with it. It had nothing new to offer. The Carnival one with the wife missing on the last night was a little disturbing in that she just vanished. But I'm not too sure what responsibility Carnival has under the circumstances. The others were very biased, in my opinion. The lady that disappeared in Alaska was very strange. There was a very comprehensive write up on the net about it. She was definitely a different kind of person.

The guy that fell overboard, he was lucky and I'll bet he doesn't drink as much as he used to. The Smiths, give me a break. They are in total denial.

Three rules to abide by.

1. Don't drink yourself so drunk that you can't remember what you did or didn't do. It does come in handy after the fact, you can claim to have been drugged and therefore not responsible for your actions.

2. Don't sit on the rail around the ship or on your balcony. It's a long way down and the probable reason you are sitting on the rail is because you're drunk. That means it probably evening and quite dark, once you hit the water.

3. Remember-Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.

jbond,

These are excellent rules.

Can I add: 4. Only accept drinks directly from the bar tender, the drink wait staff or from people you know and trust.

teacp,

I did not mean that any of those reports are going to stop me from cruising. I still think it is one of the safest vacations, especially if you can leave from you home port. I'm also not convinced that it's the cruise lines fault that these people disappeared.

jbond mentioned something very interesting about sitting on the railing when one is drunk. I don't know the facts, but I wonder.