• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Mebert

Some Sick News from a Cruise Crazies Member

Rate this topic

The good news is that my favorite niece is getting married. The bad news is her wedding date interferes with a sailing date I had in mind.

Being a Cruise Crazies member to the core, I really have to get my priorities straight. I should go ahead and book that cruise, right? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Young people get on my nerves sometimes. I have to figure this one out. There's no way I'm not cruising before this wedding. I'll have to help out as much as I can before the wedding so that all I have to do is attend the wedding when I get back. My niece would kill me if I was not a major participant.

cruisinmama,

I like that idea. I wonder if she's being slick understanding how much I like to cruise. :grin: :grin:

jsme,

That sounds like a more affordable alternative. I'll see about that.

JoeyandDavid,

Thanks for the reinforcement. I'll be asking for contributions shortly. :grin: :grin:

Unless it was someone I was really close to I would cruise. Last year something similar happened to me although it was the weekend before my cruise. My niece who lives in maine was getting married but I didnt go. They had it planned over the whole weekend but it was too hard for me to drive 6 hours, stay the weekend, come home and leave again in 4 days for another week so I opted not to go. Some of my family griped but I did what was best for me and sent a check!

You guys are great, but we can't believe your posts. This far out, a cruise is easier to reschedule than a wedding. Maybe you can do a cruise that begins just after, or ends just before, the wedding. Blood is thicker than water, even the sea water flowing under a ship.

I don't quite understand what part YOU will have to play in the wedding arrangements? What do you have to help out with?

We just had both our sons marry last year, and we just needed our family to attend...not to help out with anything before the wedding. The rehearsal? Will you be required to be in the wedding party? If so, my oldest son, best man for my youngest, was not able to make it to the rehearsal, so we just had someone stand in for him and explain what he had to do when he showed up.

My brother asked me in advance if he needed to be at the rehearsal dinner. Nope, just show up at that wedding. We only had people who were in the wedding party attend the rehearsal dinner.

You said you'd be able to attend the wedding...I think that's what will be most important to your niece.

On the other hand, it sounds like you have a cruise date in mind and haven't scheduled it yet...can't you change the date by a week or so?

Mebert, this reminds me of the time we booked QE2 transatlantic. I made sure that everyone close to us knew the date so that they didn't plan anything big. :smiley:

Congratulations to your niece and future nephew-in-law on their engagement!