• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa63

MIL has passed

Rate this topic

My mother-in-law passed away about a half hour ago. She went peacefully, while she was asleep in her home, as we had prayed. My family and I thank you all for joining in our prayers during the last three months, when illness came on suddenly and progressed rapidly.

We plan to go to NY tomorrow. I don't know yet when services will be, but we are concerned about my FIL at this point. They've been married 57 years.

Thank you all again for your love and friendship. She is finally out of pain, and I know she would thank you all as well.

Lisa

I'm sorry to hear this Lisa.

We are going through the same thing with my Dad right now. We moved him in with us when my Mom passed away four months ago. They were married just shy of 59 years, and what I see now is that we won't be able to bring him out of his grief. At his age (91), and after being together for so long, there really isn't much we can do to help him through this.

My thoughts and prayers will remain with your family in this very tough time.

Having lost both parents I truely can undertsand what your family is going thru...you will stay in our thoughts and prayers, I can' t imagine losing my partner.. my friend after 57 years....God bless your family

Lisa - Our sympathy and prayers are with you at this difficult time. We will especially remember your Father-in-law that he may receive some comfort in the fact that his dear wife is no longer suffering.

Lisa,

My condolences to you and your family. I am glad she is now out of pain but sorry for your loss. I hope your father-in-law copes through this time and please know that our thoughts are with you at this time.

Karen

Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear your loss. Try and be comforted knowing that she is no longer in any more pain. Here's a prayer for you and your family.

Lisa...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a blessing that she went peacefully in her sleep. May God rest her soul and be with her husband, and you and your husband and family at this sad time! Hugs!

Lisa63,

Please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of you MIL. I can only imagine how your family must feel losing someone of that status in your family. My prayers now will be that your family finds peace during this very trying time and realize there is no pain and suffering on the part of your MIL. I know it's sometimes hard to let go. I experienced that with my adoptive mother. My brother and I prayed for her to live longer even though she was experiencing discomfort and pain. When we lost her it was devastating but spiritually and intellectually we learned that she was in a better place because she did not have to suffer any more.

May the grace of God sustain you as you celebrate the goodness and beauty in her life.

Lisa and family,

So sorry for your loss. You have our condolences. Now at least her suffering is over. 57 years of marriage and leaving a legacy of a loving family is a very good thing.

Lisa,

I can only add to what everyone else has said........You are all in our prayers right now. Your FIL needs your support and shoulder more than anyone right now. Having lost our parents both Ken and I fully understand your pain......