• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Croozin

Calling home from the Carribbean

Rate this topic

Has anyone found a way to call home with either a calling card or cell phone? We bought an international card but it's no good from the Carribbean. We have Verizon Wireless.

Thanks for your help.

I've called from both San Juan and St. Thomas with a cell phone in the past. Some services work and others do not. Check with your carrier, they can give you an exact answer.

some cell phone providers have an international add on that one could purchace...I'm on vac and don't need a phone.

:grin:

Unfortunately things happen that need you to be contacted. While we were on a Panama cruise, we experienced a death in the family. Using the ship's phone system didn't work at all well. Since then we have purchased a world wide satellite phone.

In the Caribbean we have used Verizon in San Juan with no problems. I understand RCI, at least, has equipped their ships with a system that allows cell phones to be used while in the Caribbean. The only network that the system doesn't work with is Verizon. The charges are pretty steep, between $1.99 and $3.99 per minute, according to a thread on another board.

Croozin, we were in the Caribbean last July and called home with our cell phone...no problem. We also have Verizon Wireless.