• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda?

Rate this topic

Joanandjoe

Congratulations on your booking, Joan and Joe! The Zenith is a great ship. I haven't been to Bermuda, yet, but my DH was stationed there in the Navy ( Air) and one of these days we are going to cruise on over there and see how it has changed since his days there.

Shari, try to do your Bermuda cruise soon, and on a ship small enough to dock in Hamilton, rather than King's Wharf. There are currently three ports in Bermuda, but the government is considering eliminating the two smaller docks (Hamilton & St. George's), and having all ships dock at the Panamax ship pier, King's Wharf a/k/a the Dockyards. It's expensive to have post-9/11 security at three ports in one small island group.

Something will be missing if you can't sail into Hamilton.

Good choice, guys!!! Congrats!!!

The Horizon and Zenith are two of my favorites, along with the Century.

As far as the room, an outside cabin, without a balcony (most), is actually larger than the mini-suite with a balcony! The cabins start out the same size and the space for the balcony takes away from the cabin. I had a standard outside on the Zenith and a mini-suite on the Horizon.

Thanks for that information, Joan and Joe!

Hope Jeff doesn't mind my answering your question for him. but yes, the Horizon did add one balcony. Celebrity, at one time, had planned on adding balconies to both Horizon and Zenith, and the one balcony on Horizon was a sort of test. Here's a link to the balcony. Pictures are not mine. Hope the people don't mind my sharing the link.

http://community.webshots.com/album/443298327NPSGZJ