• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

wedding vow renewal/ Roatan

Rate this topic

myval48

On our trip to Roatan, we went to the Sante Wellness Centre, a day spa, where we received massages and good food in a tropical paradise. We haven't been to Fosters, but it is mentioned often on another cruise board. Would you like to have us post your question there?

Meanwhile, congratulations on your renewal of vows. Does this mark some special occasion? G-d willing, Joan and I plan on renewing our vows on August 1, 2017. Why then? Because I proposed to her on August 1, 1967, using the following words (at least as I remember them): "I can't imagine going through the next 50 years without you: will you marry me?" So I guess our warranty runs out on 8/1/17, and we'll have to renew our vows. Joe

P.S. Thanks, Keith & Rita. I hadn't noticed that Marcia was a Newbie. Welcome to Cruise Crazies, Marcia!

More information on Roatan. While the Honduras mainland suffered extensive damage from Hurricane Gamma last Month, Roatan had a lot of rain but very little damage. It's still a very impoverished but very beautiful place. Fosters has also had problems, a fire last summer, but it seems to be OK now. They offer a combined price for transportation, food, and beach use. Worth looking into.

What ship will you be on? Often the cruise line can help with vow renewals. We were in Roatan on the Celebrity Horizon, in 11/03, on a route now taken over by the Zenith.

A big thanks for all the warm fuzzies you all have given me upon joining cruise crazies.

We are on Carnival Valor, leaving Feb. 19. I have planned the renewal myself but have been in communication with a lady from Fosters to arrange a rental of a papala and she is going to have a local pick palm fronds and flowers for us. It will be a short, simple and sexy ceremony! Just the 2 of us.

White sand, and blue water is the backdrop.

I will let you all know about Roatan when we get back

Thanks again

Marcia :cheesy:

Fosters is a resort, they have accomodations for daily use and the staff has been very accomodating.

Happy Cruising, what other excursions do you have planned?

In Belize we are doing the baboon sanctuary, I wanted to see the country and how the natives live.

Thanks

Marcia