Congratulations to our Member of the Month: December 2018!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
eagleforest

Smoking

Rate this topic

On our cruises it was nice to pay half as much onboard as we paid for smokes here in Michigan.

But low and behold it has now been 214 days since I smoked my last one.

Of course it was a plastic surgeon that said "if you dont quit I will not fix your body" Well that one really hit home and on July 8th I had my last one.

Yes it is true that many of the rooms smell a little like smoke but that is why we carry FeBreeze.

It helps and then splash a little rum and wine here and there and now it smells like a distillery.

Never quit quitting

congrats on the 214th day of no smoking..This is my 12th month .. i did it with the patch..but my plastic surgeon said he couldnt do anthing for me anyway..

Thanks everyone and good job on the 12 months.

Ahh my PS said you can live with the skin ulcers for another 17 years if you dont quit.

I thought...That stabbing pain in my left ankle as if someone was pushing a knife into both sides of my ankle and twisting it nearly 24/7....Naaa I better do something. I used Commit briefly. And yes things taste and smell better now.

Trouble is after I quit I was on crutches for 3 months and thus no physical activity. Now I need to lose 80 lbs. Do not drink PROPEL water while you are laid up....It contains sugar which turns to FAT.

How will I be able to climb the wall if I dont loose weight?

But I did come in 2nd place in the Belly flop contest on the Navigator in November....

And I think of all the money I wasted for all those years...

Anyone want a Carmel Apple Martini?

Feel Better,

With the weight gain that I have had I sometimes question which is worse.

And the fact that my wife works on a cardiac floor she tells me I need to lose what I have gained or I will be at the other hospital on the cardiac floor.

But when i smoked I weighed 200 not 288..

I know its better not to smke but I need to use my bicycle and cardio stepper more.

And waiting to assemble the weight station I ordered from Sears.

Is it the 16th yet? They said it will be here on the 16th.

Regardless that I ordered it on the 15th of January

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I know how tough it is. I had a stroke on May 1, 2005. My doctor told me I could either put another cigarette in my mouth ar a gun! That was enough! Stopped 'cold turkey.'

I gained about 12 pounds, but I made a new year's resolution to take it off, and have lost 6 alrady.

Wow Jeff,

I know it sometimes takes something to happen before we listen.

I remember years ago being in the emergency room and a doctor told me I should not smoke. Then I asked him "how many packs do you smoke a day doc?" He was startled and said he did not smoke..I said then you should take that pack out of your pocket.

I thought before I quit that I could tell when someone was smoking at work when they were not on a break. After I quit my nose got so good many of my employees steered away from me as they knew my nose knew.

Congrats Jeff and good luck on the next 6 lbs.