• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
KeithnRita

Valentine surprises?

Rate this topic

alt text

I posted this here a couple years ago, and with all the new members we now have, we thought this subject could be interesting. Also, we are suckers for romantic stories, especially with all the bad news stories we constantly hear from TV, radio, and newspapers.

Has anybody pulled any surprises for that significant other for V day?

On our first Valentine day together, when we where still dating, I sent a barbershop quartet to the county treasurer office where Rita was working at the time. It caught her totally by surprise. Even better, a local TV crew for channel 25 tagged along with the quartet for a Valentine news story, which aired on the 6:00 and 10:00 PM news! Rita became an over night TV star!

alt text

alt text

I agree with Joey: the story is great, but Joan hates surprises. She once told me that the day I threw her a surprise party would be the day before she filed for divorce. So we have no fantastic Valentine's Day stories, even though we've had more than 14,000 Valentine's Days together. Why so many? Being married to Joan (and knowing her for 17 months before we were married) is like having Valentine's Day every day! Joe

When my daughter became pregnant with my first grandchild, she was due around mid-February. She decided that she was going to give birth on Valentine's Day. If you knew my daughter, you'd know that she always gets what she wants, and you can't tell her otherwise.

alt text

We tried to explain that the baby would come when it's ready, and you couldn't choose the date; to which my daughter would reply, "I'm having this baby on Valentine's Day."

Well Valentine's Day rolled around and I was talking to my daughter, on the phone, about 10:30 pm. I told her I was sorry that she hadn't had the baby, as she had planned, on that special day.

A little after midnight, I got a call from my son-in-law, "Congratulation, Grandpa, Melissa was born just a little before midnight."

Keith, I love that. Glad you posted it again. Great story. Fantastic picture. Great news event - we need more like that. With everyone so stressed about so much these days, we need more of that.

Jeff and Keith and Rita,

Your grandchildren, born on Valentine's Day- now that's a very special gift for their mom and dad. Doesn't get more special than that.

teacp, Valentine's Day is a lot more than Valentine's Day for you and Ken. That's so romantic. Did you help plan it that way with Ken or was it a surprise for you?

I know this is an old post, but I was going thru the past threads and came across this one and I just had to share because it still makes me laugh everytime I think about it. This happened in 1977, when I was 19 yrs. old. My father had died when I was a teenager and in January of '77, my mother remarried. She and my stepfather were "empty-nesters" and being in their 40's, were still quite young at heart. I decided to go to my mom's and do laundry. I came in thru the back door, as I always did, and walked into the living room, where my new stepdad stood on the coffee table, stark naked with a red bow tied around his, uuhhh - what would be an appropriate word to say here???? I think you all get the drift. Upon hearing me come in, he threw his arms open wide and yelled out "Happy Valentine's Day", then got the oddest look on his face and immediately moved his hands in an effort to cover up. I just cracked up, and my mom, hearing the commotion, came into the living room and we both laughed until we were in tears while he jumped off the table and scurried off into the bedroom. Obviously, they weren't expecting me. To this day, I still tease him about finding a bow that small!!!!