New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
DaCruzNut

Gee, who's lying?

Rate this topic

WASHINGTON (Feb. 10) - Jack Abramoff said in correspondence made public on Thursday that President Bush met him "almost a dozen" times, disputing White House claims Bush did not know the former lobbyist at the center of a corruption scandal.

In a poll, 68% believed Abramoff, 22% Bush and 10 were not sure who tehy believed...

Jeff and Joey, we have strong feelings about W (won't say here whether they're positive or negative); but we thought that non-humerous political discussions were off base here. Regardless of whether you like or dislike the Pres., it's sad that a corrupt lobbyist is believed over a President.

You are 100 % correct it is sad.. But what is also sad is that at the end of the day the corrupt lobbyist is the one telling the truth :sealedlips:

J&J-

I don't think political discussion is a "no-no." There have been several strings, over time, that have been political in nature. I don't think we tolerate nasty, spiteful or dishonest political posts, but there's nothing wrong with an honest, open, discussion.

And, as far as a corrupt lobbyist being believed over the President, it has come to light that there are, at least, 5 photos of the two of them together, at the Whitehouse....

(aol news):

"Bush has said he never had a discussion with Abramoff and does not remember having his picture taken with him....Eisler said he had seen five photographs of Abramoff with Bush."

Sort of reminds me of another president who said, "I am not a crook," or the one who said, "I have never had sex with that woman...that Lewinsky woman."

At least when the others lied, 2,000 of our boys didn't die and our economy go from a huge surplus to a frightening deficit!

I think it's a very interesting topic. I noticed that if someone likes the president he can to no wrong. If he's disliked, he's not given the benefit of the doubt.

I could never understand why the folks who disliked Clinton hated him so much that they spent so much money to find out informaton on a petty issue.

I too prefer not to voice an opinion about where I stand with the current administration, but we should always wait until all of the evidence is on the table and all of the witnesses with corroborating evidence have been presented before we start accusing anybody of anything.

Don't blame me... I'm from Massachusetts.

Seriously, that's a great point, Mebert. We don't know all the facts at this point.

Can't blame me - I'm Canadian eh! And we have a few "problem children" of our own lol.

It is interesting following the stories though. How can they be so diverse if everyone is "telling the truth"? As Artie Johnson used to say "Verrrry Interesssting!

On this matter, W is lying, since here are pictures with Abramoff and A's top client. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,...00.html?cnn=yes

Canadians haven't had a good PM scandal since Maggie and PET. Will we get one with the new PM? Stay tuned.

(But probably not, he's too dull. Dullness is now seen as a virtue. At least with Pierre and Maggie Trudeau there was some pizazz.)