• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Up Grades?

Rate this topic

loucna2

We are cruiseing on Nov.11 on the Carnival Glory. The lady @ the tour group office told hubby that almost always everyone in the group gets an Up Grade. What exactly does that mean? I'm thinking it means if you have an inside room you get up graded to a window room and a window room gets a bump up to a balcony? :undecided:

We've been fortunate to have received an upgrade on several cruises we booked...but it's not definite it will happen. The woman you spoke to covered herself by saying 'almost always'.

An upgrade may be something like an inside cabin to a window cabin, etc, but it could also mean an inside cabin on the bottom level to one a level above. You never know what they may offer.

We've also had the good fortune to stay with the same cabin, but received a credit, and used all of that for excursions we could never have afforded.

We got "upgraded" on our Pride cruise - from our selected room - carefully chosen - to one right under the Lido deck. We politely declined the change and they said we had to take it. Well - about twenty minutes later we were headed to our booked room. Some upgrade - right under the pool deck - don't think so! Hopefully the people who got upgraded to our cabin continued on up the line and had a fine cruise :grin:

Our first cruise was on the Glory - great ship - just a little confusing to get around. We are on the Conquest in a few weeks - the same layout - so we should be ok - hopefully. I am taking a copy of the deck plans from the cruise brochure - it just might come in handy.

Hope you get a good upgrade!

Enjoy your cruise.

The first cruise that we took together, we were upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony. We were a little worried when we heard about it when we checked in, but as soon as we saw the cabin, we were thrilled. The biggest problem with that upgrade was that it actually cost me lots of money because now we could never get a cabin without a balcony. :undecided:

Our only upgrade was on the old HAL Noordam, from a H stateroom on a low deck, too close to engine noise, to a C or D cabin away from the back. We think we received it because the messes up our dinner reservations. We asked for early sitting more than a year in advance, got late, and couldn't change it. Other who booked onlyu a month or two before the cruise got early, so we think the upgrade was HAL's "make good".

If you love your statreeom choice, it's usually possible to specify "no upgrades". Live and learn, Hazelson.

Actually our TA had specified no upgrades at the time of the booking, but they chose not to pay attention to that at all. What got me was they tried to tell us we had to take the upgrade - we very politely stood our ground and stood in line until it was all squared away. No raised voices just simply we had no intention of moving :grin:

We shall see what happens this time - TA again stated no upgrades. Ok if they want to give me the Presidental Suite I just might ne swayed tee-hee.