• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Final payment

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

I was wondering at what point and how do you pay off your cruise for example when you book do you pay 100% at the time of booking or do you prefer to just pay deposit and then wait until final payment is do? or do you pay it off early? Do you make monthly payments? I just wondered how you paid for a cruise

Nosey huh! :grin:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We pay the deposit, and the balance follows a couple of weeks before final payment due date. I have it circled in my calendar so I won't forget, but my TA is always on top of it, anyway.

We typically book our cruises about a year in advance as we can go only during school breaks.

We pay the deposit, then teh TA tells us when she would like us to make final payment, usually a couple weeks ahead of the cruiseline guidelines. While on the Sapphire, we did an open future booking with a $100pp deposit, so all we have to do is pick a cruise within 4 years, and pay nothing else until final payment is due.

We put down the required deposit and a few months later we send another payment then when the deadline comes it is not too much. We also book about a year in advance so by the time the cruise comes you feel you are getting it free.....lol....... Ken is standing here saying "NOT"