New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyandDavid

Happy Valentines Day

Rate this topic

This morning I made our final payment for our Mediterranean Cruise this October I had my TA email me an invoice showing the zero balance. I have slipped that invoice inside ANOTHER valentines card that DP will open when he gets home from work this afternoon.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!alt text

Now there's a Valentine's Day present worth opening. The Med. is wonderful--small wonder the Impressionists were "blinded by the light".

The sun gives everything a golden glow. We can understand why a nice Jewish boy like Chagall is buried in an Italian Catholic cemetary in St. Paul de Vence, France.

Enjoy your cruise. What ship, and what itinerary?

Joe we are doing the Millennium from Barcelona to Venice.. aft cc 9160 we will have a day and a half in Barcelona… and use the ship for a day and a half in Venice it takes us thru Villefranche, and Florence, Venice, Rome, Santorini, Croatia, Athens.. So it should be exciting this is our first time together in Europe.. and my first time ever

Quite an ambitious agenda for your first trip to Europe. With that port intensive itinerary, try not to do too much, or you'll end up exhausted. Livorno is a long way from Florence, and Civittavecchia a long way from Rome. You'd be well advised to stick close to the ship on one of those two stops.

Venice, ah Venezia. It nickname, La Serenissima (the serene one), says it all. Actually a small city, but unforgettable. As for Villefranche, you've already seen our comment on our excursion from there, to St. Paul de Vence.

Barcelona is lovely. Before you go, you should look at pictures of the architecture of Gaudi, who designed the big church, Sagra Familia, and lots of other buildings. Most people either love him or hate him. You should plan your trip around seeing, or avoiding, Gaudi. You should also see, if you're interested, the museums for Picasso, and Miro, and the dancing at noon or so in front of the Cathedral. Don't forget to visit the old town and Las Ramblas, and to sample the night life if you're not too jet lagged.

Our first trip together to Europe (Joan's first, my third), in October, 1971, was to Luxembourg City, Brussels, and Amsterdam. After nearly 35 years, we still remember lots of large and small details about the trip. Savor the experience! G-d willing, may you be around 35 years from now to remember the trip.

we actually have hired pvt cars for Rome, Villefrance and Naples so We are prtty much covered in those ports.. The hotel is on 3 blocks from the top of the Ramablis... http://www.hotelcontinental.com/home_palacete.htm

My concern was about doing the Olive country when in greece.. any thoughts?