New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
GottaCruz

KarenUK, enjoy Dubai

Rate this topic

Thanks Guys,

We fly tomorrow & I have been soo busy these last few days - even though I am only away for a few days.

Will let you know what it was like when i get back.

Speak soon

Karen

x

Hi guys,

Well got back mid week & finally got back to some degree of normality after having to clear hundreds of emails at work etc etc.. :rolleyes:

Dubai was scorching :cool: got quite badly sunburnt on second day as first day was a little overcast so didn't realise how hot it could be the next day (own stupid fault for not using sunblock - luckily plastered Jamie with it so he didn't suffer).

Dubai has changed so much over the past few years, there are something like 15-20% of the worlds crane's there at the moment & you can beleive it with all the massive projects there. The ski slope is now all finished & open though & can be seen from a couple of miles away at night as the sides are lit up.

The hotels on the bottom end of Jumeirah Beach have the new Marina & Jumeirah residences directly behind them with towers of 40-50 storey's high overshadowing them have been effected & are not running as high occupancy as previous but due to the demand that Dubai now commands they have not been as adversly effected as they could have been.

We did a Dune Dinner which was quite good, we drove in a convoy of 30 -odd 4x4 vehicles up & down over the dunes, out to a Camel farm then onto a camp where they had a belly dancing for entertainment, did henna painting (got one on my hand & wrist) and fresh cooked buffet of local foods - sweet flat Arabic bread is delicious & wished I could get it back home!!

We did a little shopping but DH hated the Gold Souk as we were constantly being pestered by people asking if we wanted to see any handbags or watches etc & when you said no they just kept on so left there pretty much as soon as we had got there & went to Al Karama (like a little shopping precinct) & got several perfumes, T-shirts, cushion covers ect all at great prices so were really pleased with our purchases there, you still get pestered a bit but if you say no they back off so wasn't as fraught.

Flights with Air France were quite good, decent enough leg room & service ect, got all bags at Dubai & back home no probs but didn't like having to get a bus to & from the plane instead of just walking onto the plane from the terminal gate!! felt like we were flying charter instead of schedule (sorry if that sounds snobby :smiley: )

All we need to do know is got our week in Cyprus out of the way & then will concentrate on getting our next cruise booked! :grin:

Welcome home hun!.. So glad you had a nice time ..It must be so awesome to live in europe..(grass is always greener ) sorry about your burn any pictures you can share? :grin:

Glad your back! :grin: