• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
eagleforest

Win a house

Rate this topic

The house is beautiful. Unfortunately, out of the last 8 (I think) homes they've given away, only two people have actually been able to live in it. The taxes are enough to put a 'normal' person under. They are also giving away $250,000 with the home in order to help defray some of the costs, but HGTV itself admits they don't actually expect the winner to live in the house! It's just ' Dream Home'...so you win, you sell it, and THEN you figure out what your REAL dream is.

Two winners out of eight have either been able to afford the "dream house" as a vacation home, or have been willing to pick up stakes and move to the dream house location. That's pretty amazing.

We'd love to win; but if we did, we might go to North Carolina to take a look at it, then we'd sell it so we could have our real dream--an apartment in Manhattan.

Joanandjoe,

I would be great if you won and got your dream apartment in Manhattan because then you could help me shovel my car out of the snow. You'd have a lot of energy because you'd be able to aford to garage your car. BTW, some garage spaces are like paying another rent for an apartment.

We have tickets (and plan to win also) for the Power Ball ($365,000,000), Mega Millions ($145,000,000) and the Tri-State Megabucks ($3,950,000) so we will be able to afford the taxes on the House. Never gave thought to living in North Carolina but, it should work. :grin:

I'm not especially interested in living in North Carolina either, but I wouldn't mind winning any of the other prizes they're offering.

And Jeff...no, no, no. You don't want to OWN a cruise ship...too many headaches. You just want enough money to be able to LIVE on the ship the rest of your life, travel all the time, and be pampered. That's what you should wish for.