• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
DaCruzNut

Big Week-End; TGIF!

Rate this topic

This is one of South Florida's premier week-ends. Every year, for the President's Day Week-End, we celebrate with two giant events.

alt text

The Coconut Grove Arts Festival is one of the oldest, largest and most diverse in the whole of the USA. Despite its tremendous growth since its birth in 1963, the emphasis is still on one-to-one chat between exhibitors and art-lovers. Around 250,000 visitors head to Coconut Grove every year.

alt text

If that isn't your cup of tea, we've got the Boat Show. Largest in the U.S.A.

The show is so big, they hold it at three locations, with shuttles connecting them; Miami BeachConvention Center, Sea Isle Marina & Yachting Center and Miamirina, at Bayside.

alt text

In addition, the South Florida Renaissance Fair, whici began Feb. 11th will run intil March 19th.

The weather will be cooperating, with plenty of sunshine and temps in the 80's.

I, myself, plan to go down to The Keys, for some snorkeling, and a bunch of other activities not related to either of the above...

Enjoy your weekend, Jeff!

I remember wandering around Coconut Grove when we were in Miami for a cruise back in the '80s. I thought it was a neat area. On the way back to our hotel we were stopped in traffic for the filming of "Miami Vice." They were doing a car scene. We didn't see a whole lot, but we did see Don Johnson in a convertible with a camera attached to the car.