• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cancelled my cruises in December

Rate this topic

schatje

I cancelled our cruises in December on Carnival Victory and Valor because they changed our itinerary. Instead of going to Cozumel for 10+ hours each week they changed our port to Costa Maya. We have been to Costa Maya before and it is just a made man port for shopping.

I really wanted to go to Cozumel so I ended up booking with Princess aboard the Star on a B2B. Our ports will be the same each week but I will get to go to Cozumel twice as well as Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. Princess's own island Princess Caye is thrown in at the end of each week and it is a nice beach day.

I will be looking for things to do in each port so I hope I can get some good imput from my fellow "Crazies". :kiss:

Cozumel do the Jeep and Snorkle Tour.

Click this link to foollow the tour through my photo album.

It was really neat.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/339420...061904249MMyLLk

We met at the pier. Then walked to get in our JEEPS.

Then we drove to a oceanside hotel and snorkled with a guide that was very knowledgeable.

After getting out we drove to the Pee Pee Station see picture in album. Where we yes PP'ed and bought some water and you could buy blankets, t-shirts etc.

Then we turned off the road put it into 4 wheel low and drove through the sand until we got to the beach.

There even tho the Red flag was flying people went for a swim.

Then we ate a great lunch with unlimited soda. I must have drank 10 cans.

But remember you dont stop at the PP station on the way back to the docks.

Then its a very fast walk to the shopping area to go ______

In Ocho Rios we did the San San Yacht cruise and being that there were only 7 of us on the cruise it was really boring.

Dunn River Falls was neat and well worth it. And then the snorkling was really nice. As they picked a great spot.

But we only had one drink as we snorkled just a hop skip and jump from the ship.

More people would have made it a party boat.

I did not do anything else in Jamaica as I had the Rum Rum Rum Rum Run from the previous night. I got back onboard and slept from 3 pm to 6 am. Thank goodness the Firefighters on Deck 10 had some Pepcid.

I lost a day from drinking too much the two previous days

Hope you have a great time on Princess, Mary!

I'm not much help on the ports. I have been to them but it was back in the '80s. In Ocho Rios we took a tour of the island and stopped at Dunns River Falls for awhile. In Grand Cayman, we went to 7-mile beach and relaxed for most of the day and then just walked around town shopping. In Cozumel, we just did a walking tour on our own and did some shopping and in the evening we went to a disco. We did also go to a large, nice, hotel, but I can't remember the name. Have a great cruise! I'll be interested in hearing how you like the Star Princess.