• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival's 2006 Rusty Wallace Cruise: Details here

Rate this topic

Jason

MIAMI – Carnival Cruise Lines’ and NASCAR Nextel Cup champion Rusty Wallace have teamed up again for another “Rusty Wallace Cruise” -- this time with a seven-day voyage aboard the Carnival Pride in December 2006.

The week-long cruise will operate round trip from Long Beach, Calif., Dec. 3-10, 2006. Featured ports include Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.

Carnival’s “Rusty Wallace Cruises” began in 2001 and over the years more than 6,500 racing fans have enjoyed opportunities to meet and interact with the stock car racing legend, who retired from the active circuit late last year.

“Carnival’s ‘Rusty Wallace Cruises’ are among the most popular theme voyages in cruising and we’re delighted that Rusty has agreed to continue the series, this year aboard the Carnival Pride,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Commented Rusty Wallace, “My affiliation with Carnival has been such a success and I’m very excited to be on board again this year. Although I am out of the Number 2 Miller Lite driver’s seat, my fans have supported new endeavors such as the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona with sponsor Callaway Golf, my Busch series racing team sponsored by Top-Flite Golf and my latest gig as a broadcaster for ABC/ESPN. I really enjoy meeting fans and I hope this upcoming voyage on the Carnival Pride will allow me to give back some of the appreciation they have shown throughout my career.”

The “Rusty Wallace Cruise” aboard the Carnival Pride will feature a number of invitation-only events, including private cocktail receptions the first and last night of the voyage, as well as exclusive question-and-answer and photo sessions.

A variety of prizes and memorabilia, including complimentary race passes and authentic racing shirts autographed by Wallace, will also be available. Several racing-themed contests and giveaways will be held throughout the voyage, as well.

While aboard the Carnival Pride, “Rusty Wallace Cruise” participants can enjoy the ship’s numerous “resort-style” amenities, including a 13,300-square-foot spa, four swimming pools, and dancing and entertainment venues that range from an intimate piano bar to an elegant multi-level theater showcasing lavish Vegas-style revues.

Dining options include a two-level main dining room, a casual poolside eatery featuring a 24-hour pizzeria, and an upscale reservations-only supper club offering prime steaks and other gourmet cuisine.

Carnival Pride also features expansive indoor and outdoor play areas and a full activities schedule for kids ages 2-14, all part of the line’s top-rated “Camp Carnival” program. A teen program with activities geared toward older kids is also available.

Also featured is a comprehensive golf program offering professional instruction both aboard ship and during golf excursions.

Eighty percent of the Carnival Pride’s staterooms offer an ocean view with 80 percent of those featuring private balconies.

Reservations are currently being accepted for the “Rusty Wallace Cruise” aboard the Carnival Pride. Prices begin at $599 per person based on double occupancy. Special rates for third and fourth guests sailing in the same stateroom, along with round-trip air transportation from more than 170 North American gateways, are also available.

Participants must reference fare code CPRW when making a reservation to be eligible for the invitation-only events taking place on this voyage.

Source: Carnival Cruise Lines