• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

cruise industry to over hual beds.

Rate this topic

SKAOLboy

I don't have a problem with the mattresses on a cruise, probably because there's so much to do during the day, by the time it's bedtime, I just fall into a dead sleep.

But, if they want MY<] opinion, let's have some Tempurpedic mattresses!

When we go on a local cruise, one where we can drive to the port, we take our own pillows and a blanket. Comfy, comfy, comfy.

We've sailed on three of the five lines mentioned in the article: HAL, Windstar, and Radisson. We haven't sailed on HAL since the new mattresses were introduced (although we'll be on the Noordam in November); but we've heard great things about the mattresses. As for Windstar and Radisson, there's some truth to the comments that "we're so tired we hardly notice"; but the mattresses did need improvement. The worst mattresses we've encountered, however, were on Celebrity. We understand they're being upgraded. Let's hope so!

We were on the Horizon in 11/03. We assumed that improvement was still needed because of postings on another CC board on which we both participate to the effect that rooms were being upgraded, and needed it. Other Celebrity posters cite the HAL beds as one area in which HAL is better than Celebrity. We'll see on on 5/13 Zenith cruise.